Sign in to follow this  
Guest petermm

PMDG General Aviation Aircraft

>What is the possibility of making a GA like a 172? Why not>make one?because "one" already exists.Michael J.

Guest petermm

My main thing is a 172.

Guest petermm

CESSNA 172 is my main request

Guest sjones

I agree with you a good Gulfstream 550 would be awesome. With a range of 6,750NM the possible destinations would be endless.

After reading Ryan's response the first thing that popped into my head was; "Everything is possible. However, everything is not always probable." In short, give up on the idea of any kind of C172. There's probably not much of a demand for it which would explain why only one developer out of all that are out there has actually tackled the project.I agree with the rest of the group, though. The biz jet and bush a/c have been neglected far too long. :)

Keeping my eyes skyward,

Raymond Jornd

Sr. Captain

American Airlines Virtual

>I like the larger corporate jets like the BBJ or the ACJ. If>I'm not mistaken, PMDG is technically already working on both>for FSX? (BBJ=NGX ACJ=A320,A319)>>Ryan Gamurot>Lucky to live Hawai'iI don't know much about PMDG's Airbus, as very little information has been released about that one, to my knowledge.However, I seem to remember Robert saying that BBJ 1 (Boeing Business Jet 1) and BBJ 2 (Boeing business Jet 2) is included in the 737NGX package.Of course, this might have been changed by now. Only time will tell, I guess.Other than that, I personally would love to see a developer make the Gulfstream G550. That is an impressive Bizjet, and judging by the number of reguests I have seen, it's strange that no developer has taken on the challenge. If it happens, though, I hope it is someone that can make them in PMDG quality.I would like to see PMDG continue making airliners, as the experience they have by now is invaluable and their products are close to perfection. However, should PMDG develope a GA aircraft, it would be interesting to see the result:-)RaymondNorway

Guest calamarr

From what i have read in other forums, the Gulfstream company doesn

Guest fjshepherd

the general consensus seems to be that a bizjet might be more appropriate, given PMDG's skill in jets etc. and I for one would not mind which bizjet, as long as it had all the usual from PMDG, including a nice VC, FS9 compatibility (most of us still use that sim) and a working FMC among other things. I think to make a GA aircraft might be a bit of a waste of PMDG's undisputed skill in that area of systems. Dassault Falcon would be nice...

>I think to make a GA aircraft might be a bit of a waste of>PMDG's undisputed skill in that area of systems. I think you simply don't appreciate complexity of the top of the line lastest bizjets (G550 would be a perfect example). I venture to say the avionics-wise G550 would be much harder to simulate fully than a 747-400 because of the number extra things like Enhanced Vision System, HUD or special databases.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

>I think you simply don't appreciate complexity of the top of>the line lastest bizjets (G550 would be a perfect example). I>venture to say the avionics-wise G550 would be much harder to>simulate fully than a 747-400 because of the number extra>things like Enhanced Vision System, HUD or special databases.>>Michael J.>http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpgI'm going to guess when he said GA, he meant something like a 172, not a G550. Hence his distinction between Bizjet and GA.

Guest petermm

GA means a fixed wing simgle emgine airplane. A trainer. A 172, a 152. Somthing NOT high performance

>GA means a fixed wing simgle emgine airplane. A trainer. A>172, a 152. Somthing NOT high performanceUnfortunately you are completely wrong. Even Boeing 707 can be 'GA'. John Travolta's 707 very much belongs to GA. GA has nothing to do with type of aircraft but how it is flown and for what purpose.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest petermm

when i say i would like a GA aircraft from PMDG i mean a 172 or a 152 or a plane that is 4 seats or under 1 propeller, something you use to get your PPL