Sign in to follow this  
dave_paige

737-700 MTOW

Here's a question for the PMDG staff that I've been wondering about for a while. In the PMDG AOM, limitations section, it lists the max takeoff weight for the 737-700 as 133,000 lbs. Every where else, aircraft.cfg, PMDG load manager, etc. the MTOW for the -700 is listed as 153,500 lbs. I'm just checked to be sure that the PMDG intended to model the -700 with a MTOW of 153,500 and not 133,000. Thanks.

Dave Paige

Guest c210_cvs

Those numbers correspond to the HGW (High Gross Weight) and normal MTOW FRED

Thanks, but that doesn't answer the question and isn't quite correct anyway because the HGW version has a MTOW of 174,000 lbs. What I want to know is, since there's a descrepancy in the PMDG documentation, I just want to know what the MTOW is that PMDG modeled. Is it 133,000 lbs. as in the PMDG AOM or 153,500 lbs. mentioned everywhere else?

Dave Paige

Guest The ATP Experience

it's a typo dave... they really meant it to be the 717-200 at 118,000 MTOW with the 18.5K engines. I don't know how the discrepancy turned into 133, 153,500, or 154,500...:D

>Thanks, but that doesn't answer the question and isn't quite>correct anyway because the HGW version has a MTOW of 174,000>lbs. What I want to know is, since there's a descrepancy in>the PMDG documentation, I just want to know what the MTOW is>that PMDG modeled. Is it 133,000 lbs. as in the PMDG AOM or>153,500 lbs. mentioned everywhere else?>Not according to thishttp://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=95Guess it's different depending on configFRED

Yep, I see what your saying. Boeing's site, for tech specs says MTOW is 154,500 lbs. with CM56-7B26 engines. The PMDG is modeled with -7B24 engines. The PMDG aircraft config file and .air file both agree and state 153,500 lbs. MTOW. I'm just wondering with the PMDG AOM says 133,000 lbs. I'm fairly certain that the PMDG 737-700 is supposed to be a 153,500 lb. MTOW version. But I wonder why not 154,500 lbs. as Boeing says. Anyone else?

Dave Paige