Sign in to follow this  
PBCool1

PMDG and Multiplayer

Hi all:I was just wondering if PMDG has taken into consideration the multiplayer function of FSX. It seems that many developers are forgetting or don't realize that there are many people that are flying multiplayer now. I would like to know how functional PMDG's fleet will be with FSX multiplayer...also as the features of each aircraft are listed I would like to see if there will be Multi support or not so that I may make an informed decision on the product I may or may not wish to purchase. Multiplayer has become a key feature that I look for in addon aircraft.PBCool1

Preston B.
UPS001
CEO UPSVAC.com

Intel i9 10900k OC 5.3. ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4090, 32gb ram MSFS2020 Orbx.

Please sign your real name,This has been asked a bunch of times. MS provided absolutely no way to implement those features in the FSX SDK - only the default aircraft have them. We'd have to create our own custom TCP/IP thing, which we may do in the future, but not for the 400X.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It can be done...many developers have done it already. I can provide you with a list of many aircraft that support Multiplayer very well. Simconnect.dll seems to be limited in some aspects but most common functions...AP, Throttle, Brakes, Flaps, Spoilers...etc seem to work!UPS904.jpg

Preston B.
UPS001
CEO UPSVAC.com

Intel i9 10900k OC 5.3. ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4090, 32gb ram MSFS2020 Orbx.

Which developers have done it already, that come close to the systems modeling that PMDG does?There are only two other developers that come close to what PMDG has done imo. One is LDS with their 767, the other is Leonardo with their MD. With regards to the 767, mutlicrew isn't supported at all, and from what I can tell from reading their forums, won't be. With regards to the MD, it is supported, but still has some bugs. The big one for me is the MCDU not always staying in sync. Lets also not forget the Virtual Cockpit isn't even out for that aircraft yet. That's another killer for me.Other then those two, what other developers have done it?