Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

NGX - Yes this what the people really want!

Hi Mika,PMDG never post release dates and i would suspect that we won't see the 737NGX for at least a few years yet!!We still don't have the MD11 and that's been in developments for many, many, many years.There is no doubt that it'll be a sensational product but like i say don't get to excited, it's a long long way off yet!!RegardsJames

Guest Mika

Hello James,am I reading right.... a few years :(I was thinking the NGX isnt so far away because of the advertising on the new PMDG page. But ok good thinks will need their time.I think in this case I will do a typerating for the upcoming Airbus(es) although I prefer to fly the NG ;)Thank you,Mika

Guest Callmecapt

A few years?Give them a little credit. Expect sometime before next christmas. But they have been known to surprise us before. It may be out this christmas.Goran

>A few years?>Give them a little credit. Expect sometime before next>christmas. Possibly, but very unlikely. It's a completely new 737 it's not an upgrade of the previous versions. I enjoy flying PMDG products they are as real as it gets - apart from flying the real thing, which shouldn't be too far away for me:-)But they have been known to surprise us before. >It may be out this christmas.>Quite frankley i'd be very suprised if we see the MD11 this side of Christmas. I'm not slattering PMDG, their products are superb!! If you're reading team your work is amazing, i look forward to hearing and seeing the MD11!!

>Possibly, but very unlikely. It's a completely new 737 it's>not an upgrade of the previous versions. I enjoy flying PMDG>products they are as real as it gets - apart from flying the>real thing, which shouldn't be too far away for me:-)While that's true that it is a not an upgrade, you also have to remember that because they've done one in the past, they already have a ton of information on the plane. That to me is a big part of making such an advanced aircraft; trying to get all the information you can to make it accurate.

maybe products shouldnt be advertised until they're near beta stageif what is being said is correct, that it could be a few years, then what is the point of advertising it?its like Microsoft advertising the next 3 versions of windows but then telling everyone they will be released throughout the next 10 years.whats the point?Gray

I will not be held liable for this, but the plan is not for this to take "years."Please remember that we have multiple development teams here - the MD-11 and 744/NG teams are different core dev teams. We will be starting on the NGX in earnest (some things are already in progress) as soon as the 744X is released.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Steve_Park

Ryan, Do you have that update pricing for the FSX versions that Robert promised in a week or so back on May 18th?Steve Park

Guest Steve_Park

>No I don't. I'll ask him...Did he ever answer???Steve

Always funny when joe public start answering queries about release dates!! What the #### do they know?!? :(Thanx for the reply Ryan.FRED

Guest Mnarboe

It will be out right before FS 11 obsoletes it :(How can it be a totally new aircraft? It's hard to imagine that they can't reuse/modify/convert some of the existing models.Sincerely,Morten Narboe

Guest Mika

Hello PMDG,first I want to say thank you for all the great hours I had have with your airplanes.Just read that you make a new version of the 737NG. I

Morten,The reason we're not "reusing" the old NG is because essentially we do need to start the code over from scratch in order to improve the realism and features of the simulation. The NG was our first ever aircraft for the MSFS platform and we've learned quite a lot since then. :) The NGX will feature an entirely new FMS and system model that will exceed even what we did with the 744.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Morten,>>The reason we're not "reusing" the old NG is because>essentially we do need to start the code over from scratch in>order to improve the realism and features of the simulation. >The NG was our first ever aircraft for the MSFS platform and>we've learned quite a lot since then. :) The NGX will feature>an entirely new FMS and system model that will exceed even>what we did with the 744.I can't wait to get that NGX. I know I will love to fly it all the time.Waldo