Sign in to follow this  
Guest lszh

Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition

Guest lszh

Hi folksI'm thinking about adding the new Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition to my system. Several questions about that:- The Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition was announced during March 07 but I can't find any reviews of that thing. Is it already available? - Any experience to share with the digital version or with the old version?- Performance: What are you thinking about Nvidia 8600 GTS, TripleHead2Go Digital Edition 3840x1024 (3x19'), PMDG 744, FS9 or FSX in the near future?Thx for help.Best regardsBruno

Bruno,- last time I checked it was written on the Matrox website that the digital edition would be released at the end of Q2 2007, that deadline expired just a couple of days ago so I don't know if the device is already available.- regarding the performance be aware that you not only need a fast video card but also one #### of a CPU if you want to use the combination TH2G / FSX / Add-Ons. Consider adding at least a dual core CPU to your setup or even better a quad core, those quads seem to be performing fantastic with FSX.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

There is nothing that can match a Matrox Triplehead2Go setup.The analogue one we are already running in our sims with PMDG737NG on a standard P4 3.2 processor without problems (NVIDIA 7900 graphics). ( http://web.telia.com/~u60405310/ )The new DIGITAL one will similary run on the same specs system.However, if you intend to upgrade to FSX + VISTA (=DX10), you will need a NVIDIA 8800 series graphics card.FS9 and PMDG will not be able to "fill" the graphics card in a 8800 based system since the processor is/will be the bottleneck.Markus tip above for a quad processor is a good advice when it comes to FSX with the SP1 installed. (Multicore support)FS9 has no multicore support at all.The benefit with the NEW digital version is that you will be able to take away the effect of the four middle screen frames.E.g. with the analogue one the overall picture is "stretched" at the "frames" so it will become slightly "jaggied" when banking the aircraft - with the new digital one it will be "seamless" so the "frames" will cover some of your view but with no jaggiedness.Release date in EU expected to be beginning/mid August this year.Best,Bjorn

Guest fjshepherd

It would appear that in my system, the CPU is in fact the bottleneckIntel Pentium D 945 (2 x 3.40Ghz)XFX 7950GT XXX (610mhz core clock, 512 GDDR3)2GB DDR2 RAMSata 160GB HDDsOh well, getting there slowly with the money needed to buy an Intel core 2 Duo E6700 :-) for simming happiness.

Guest lszh

Hi folksThank you very much Markus, Bjorn and Francis!The plan is to upgrade the system in two steps:1. Old P4 PC upgrade with Asus 8600GTS TOP, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition, 3x19' displays ==> WinXP, DirectX 9, FS9, PMDG 7442. I'll do the second upgrade for the PMDG MD-11 delivery :-jumpy :New PC (expecting price cut later this summer), new graphics card (for example GeForce 9800 available by the end of this year), Vista, DirectX 10, PMDG MD-11!!! Re-use of the Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition and the displays.That sounds like a plan, right! Can't wait for the PMDG MD-11...Best regardsBruno

Hi, been looking at this set-up for some time, but I use a 32" 1080p (1960x1050)primary screen and a 24" CRT 1360x1080)as the secondary, with a dual core and ATI 1900 card............question, can the digital version handle this arrangement?? The analog did not work with the ATI as I recall, let alone the resolutions..........thanks, B42L8

I run Triplehead2Go analog on a 2005 DELL XPS Gen 4 with 3 DELL LCDs. PC is 3.80Ghz, 2GB RAM, eVGA 7900 GTO card, with FS2004, in resolution of 3840x1024x32 bit. I have many add-ons including PMDG 747-400. I am generally very happy with the set-up. Performance is very good and immersion is intense. Visual fluidity is excellent but less good in certain conditions at low altitudes with very dense weather, dense airports, and AI traffic. My processor is the bottleneck. Overall, however, I am delighted and feel it was worthwhile. It creates a real "WOW" factor for many people too which is fun.The digital version is probably even more worth getting because of its "bezel management" feature. But you need to have 3 identical LCDs for this feature to work well. Other than this, I have never been sure that I understand the visual difference between analog and digital video card rendering.I am thinking about upgrading to an 8800 GTX but am not sure if it is worth it for this system.JS

Guest D17S

Nvidia's XP drivers have a "Horizontal Span Mode." This allows a user to stretch the desktop across numerous monitors. It provides a single horizontal resolution equal to:Monitor 1's horizontal res + Monitor 2's hr + Monitor 3's hr + etc, by __ the minimum Vertical resolution of the monitor set. This is not the "Extend my desktop to this monitor" function. This is called "Horizontal Span mode" and it sounds just like the THTG function. The Nvidia/Vista Control panel help index describes this function is not available with Vista. I'd try it myself, but I don't have an Nvidia/XP set. Has anyone tried this?