Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

NAVDATA update procedures

Hi-Wondering what others are doing for NAVDATA updates. I follow 3 steps- first the Navigraph (payware) AIRAC, then PlanePath's SIDs/STARs for PMDG, then Dan Downs individual updates. Chris sent me some procedures for Europe/UK that were simply marvelous- lost his email somewhere in the transition to Vista.As far as the NaviGraph AIRAC, I generally update every 2nd or third cycle- seems more cost effective- unless I know there has been a change for routes I fly.Are there any other sources that I should be considering on a routine basis?TIA!Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

That's exactly the procedure I use as well and highly recommend to others. I use all of Dan Down's procedures. Recently I've been doing some flying in Spain with a Spanair repaint of the PMDG 737-600 that I did. I went to www.navdata.at to get individual procedure files for some Spanish airports, worked great.

Dave Paige

Just a note that KORD has a runway renumbered effective 5 July... both AIRAC and SIDSTAR info will have to be concurrent.

Dan Downs KCRP

It was actually Steve Bell who sent me those superb european SID/STARS. Steve- if you happen to read this and have updated anything, esp. EGCC's new runway numbers, please contact me atcavaricooper@tampabay.rr.comThanks!Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest ouzopower

Hi Carl,I'm in the process of RMA-ing my new HD2900XT since it died on me :-grr and then hopefully getting this Vista rig up and running. I'd be really interested in the European SID/STARs you mentioned. Any idea where I could get them? I'm a British Airways Virtual member so a lot of my flying is done within Europe.Cheers! :-beerchug Tony

Carl,We have already spoken about the proceedures...I'll e-mail them to you later when I get home from work.Does anyone else want them? (EGLL, EGKK & EGCC) I have also got some rwy hdg alterations which orientate the NAVDATA RWY position as seen in the ND correctly with the scenery at these 3 airports...I know this therefore does not reflect the RW but I think the compromise is acceptable.I'll be working on EGSS when I get a chance this month!

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Gents,Tell you what...here they are - an 'Amend' file which correctly positions KAI TAK & its RNWs, it also corrects the RNW HDGs of several UK airports to reflect default & UK 2000 scenery...I know this is not as per the RW but it does position the HDGs more accurately on the ND.All you have to do is copy the right bits & overwrite them in the correct folder.Also SID/STAR Files for LHR, LGW, MAN & PIK...these are the only places in the UK to see the 744 regularly.I'll be working on EGSS (Stanstead) this month.Enjoy

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

Sorry Guys!!Missed out VHHX & EGPK

Steve Bell

All-I'm thrilled that Steve has posted his work here. If you fly to those locales GET his procedures- they're comprehensive and accurate- simply superb.Of course Dan's SIDs and STARs are a must have as well.Thanks for your comment Tabs- I'm feeling a bit less like the shunned.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Note that this order is going to be changing next cycle because Navigraph is finally adding worldwide procedure support for PMDG. Depending on how complete and accurate they end up being, it may be all you need if you buy the cycles...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It will be a few revisions before they are thoroughly bugged out- but nevertheless, I'll keep adding/overwriting with Steve B and Dan D .txt files- there's just something complete and special about their work.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

>Gents,>>Tell you what...here they are - an 'Amend' file which>correctly positions KAI TAK & its RNWs, it also corrects the>RNW HDGs of several UK airports to reflect default & UK 2000>scenery...I know this is not as per the RW but it does>position the HDGs more accurately on the ND.>>All you have to do is copy the right bits & overwrite them in>the correct folder.>>Also SID/STAR Files for LHR, LGW, MAN & PIK...these are the>only places in the UK to see the 744 regularly.>>I'll be working on EGSS (Stanstead) this month.>>EnjoyHi Steve,Where can i find your sid/star files for UK (and other countries) ?Is there a site where you upload them ?

Guest Rup

Hi thereWhere do i find Dan Downs individual updates?THX Jean