Sign in to follow this  
Scott434

Larger Monitor FPS question

Firstly, please let me just inject a little thank you to PMDG for the their quality products and a note of appreciation for their corporate philosophy/culture. I will of course purchase the FSX 737, 747 and A3xx ships eventually.I am running the PMDG 747-400F on my FS9 rig. All sliders are maxed and my FPS are very adequate, everything is smooth as silk and enjoy flying the Queen daily. Presently I use dual DVI 19

Well Scott, I don't have a similar CPU I'm afraid.. my CPU is much slower than yours, it's an AMD64 3500+ and it's coupled with 1GB RAM and an ATI 256MB 800XT graphics card. I have a 22" widescreen LCD which on FS I run at 1680 x 1050... I don't have any other monitors on my setup, but if I can get decent framerates on it.. I dare say you will with that setup..To be honest I went from 1600 x 1200 to this current res, and I found the transition easy.. This monitor I have was very good too, very pleased with it.. and LG 22" widescreen.. I would say you'll have no problems whatsoever with yoursetup and FPS..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

>Firstly, please let me just inject a little thank you to PMDG>for the their quality products and a note of appreciation for>their corporate philosophy/culture. I will of course purchase>the FSX 737, 747 and A3xx ships eventually.>>I am running the PMDG 747-400F on my FS9 rig. All sliders are>maxed and my FPS are very adequate, everything is smooth as>silk and enjoy flying the Queen daily. Presently I use dual>DVI 19

Scott,An E6600 is still one of the best CPUs out there - I don't think you'll have trouble. I'd probably upgrade to something like an 8800GTS 640MB just to ensure that you've got the video RAM and horsepower to do it, but the rest of the machine sounds fine.My next monitor is gonna be a 24" I think as well, I've been eying that Dell Ultrasharp one for quite a while...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Kilo Bravo

Hi Scott dont cry out too loud, I have a Samsung 22 inch. The trouble is your FMC does not work properly. when you type the last figures you get other answers. due to the resolution.It will work again for the 737-900 when you set your resolution back to 1280x1024x32. Check mit out Scott, I am talking about FS 9.

>Scott,>>An E6600 is still one of the best CPUs out there - I don't>think you'll have trouble. I'd probably upgrade to something>like an 8800GTS 640MB just to ensure that you've got the video>RAM and horsepower to do it, but the rest of the machine>sounds fine.>>My next monitor is gonna be a 24" I think as well, I've been>eying that Dell Ultrasharp one for quite a while...Hi Ryan,The 24" Dell is also my first choice (actually it was $100 off recently). Still a bit pricey for me. It is highly rated and gets very good reviews.As for the vid card, I have some time. By the time I am ready to move to FSX, the 2nd Gen DX-10 cards will be reasonably street priced and I have targeted one of these for my next vid card. (I want to see evidence that FSX utilizes multi cores (>2) and DX-10 in a meaningful way before I migrate). Until then, my 7600 GT is fine.I am looking forward to flying the PMDG 747-400FX on dual 24

>Hi Scott dont cry out too loud, I have a Samsung 22 inch. >The trouble is your FMC does not work properly. when you type>the last figures you get other answers. due to the>resolution.It will work again for the 737-900 when you set>your resolution back to 1280x1024x32. Check mit out Scott, I>am talking about FS 9.Kilo_Bravo,I have experienced this somewhat. I found that shifting the clicking of the FMC keys a bit solved this problem.I am hoping that the PMDG 747-400X addresses the point of the different aspect ratios since wide screen monitors are and will be mainstream. Cheers,Scott

Not going to happen for the 744X, sorry. It's a complete redo of the 2D panels to do that. (making two completely separate sets of panels actually.) We'll look at it for the new planes though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Not going to happen for the 744X, sorry. It's a complete redo>of the 2D panels to do that. (making two completely separate>sets of panels actually.) We'll look at it for the new planes>though.Hi Ryan,I guess it will be what it will be (and that is fine). A quick peruse of newegg.com-LCD Monitors-Top Sellers, yields the following snippet of data. 80% of the top monitors are of the 1.6 aspect ratio (lion share being 1680x1050). This supports the premise that we are collectively moving in the wide screen direction. Even the new Dell 24

With your processor and video card, you should be able to run the 24" DELL (which I have and love) without any trouble. The native res is 1920x1200 and the crystal clarity I had with an ATI X850XT PE was simply breathtaking (my PC has a P4 570 @ 3.80 Ghz). Now that I have assimilated the 24" into a Triplehead2go set-up with two other smaller DELL LCDs (20.1" models), my res has been dumbed down somewhat to 1280x1024 or 3840x1024 for all three. The 24" LCD is totally fantastic and amazing. You will be thrilled to bits with it. DELL makes the best 24" (and the best 30" as well) LCD.Jonathan

>The 24" LCD is totally fantastic and amazing. You will be>thrilled to bits with it. DELL makes the best 24" (and the>best 30" as well) LCD.>>JonathanHi Jonathan,I am curious how you use your three monitors and what your setup is. I assume you run windowed mode and use the 24" in the center for the cockpit. Could you post a pic? Cheers, Scott