Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Question on FMC "Rte 2"

I've amassed quite a few hours on the queen and i'm pretty familiar with all the systems and the FMC. Last weekend I was on a PANC-VHHH flight and per the weather report we recieved it looked like we would be landing west 250, but given FS ATC's propensity to go against the grain i decided i would program an alternative star for RNWY 70 in Rte 2. So i pulled up the "RTE" page and selected RTE 2, I then went to the legs page and entered the waypoints for the new star, then I tried to execute it and nothing happened. I tried this a few times but no joy. Anyway, if someone could give me a quick idea on how to properly set up an alternate RTE in RTE 2, I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!Richard

Guest fjshepherd

I believe you use the COPY RTE function to copy the existing route into RTE 2, so that you can plan alternate routing from any point etc. Just COPY RTE and then modify the end of RTE 2 to reflect your STAR change.

Hi Francis - thanks for tip on Copying Rte 1 over to Rte 2 and then modyfying it. I guess I misunderstood and thought you could build a brand new route in Rte 2 from scratch.Richard

Richard,I believe that on the real-world CDU you can enter a route manually on either RTE pages.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx