Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747lover

what if?

Guest 747lover

I know PMDG have several types in devolopment these days,but what I realy would like is a 717.A modern dc9 on steroids.Much of the coctpit systems and other systems is from the MD11 which at these stage is on beta testing,and if you cooperate with jet city aircraft,and use their excelent visual model,I am sure you can get a very good product at a relativ low cost and devolopment time.I am convinced the new 747 and 737 will set new standards,but many is starting to get bored of the types.Then the 717 is far more exotic.Comments is welcome.

Nameless,the B717 has some similarities with the MD-11 yes, but not as much as you say. What IS the same compared to the MD-11 is avionics. But that's about it, the SYSTEMS (most of them) are not MD-11 but still taken from the MD-80 family. If they were MD-11 you wouldn't find that much "on/off"-Switches on the overhead panel, the MD-11 is much more sophisticated than this.So that wouldn't be an airplane doable with "low development time" I'm afraid. Sure one could take some elements out of the MD-11 but still you'd have to verify every little detail if it is indeed identical to the MD-11 (I'm not convinced that if it LOOKS the same it also BEHAVES the same)... To sum it up it would be like an entirely new airplane to build, subtracted maybe a "few" (read: dozens) hours of avionics programming. BTW: The PMDG MD-11 is not in Beta testing yet but still in development.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

What about that wonderful gorgeous big buck American earner the 'Globemaster 3'C-17? What if you could do that model? You would have the satisfaction that nobody else has done a half decent one yet?Oh sorry, another request :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hey Dave,can I make a request too?? :DAlright here it goes: What I would love to have is a top-notch PMDG style Boeing 777-200LR/300ER!orAirbus A330-200orEmbraer EMB-170ok ok now those were three... But who said only customers can make requests? ;) But actually I'm more than happy having the MD-11 in MSFS...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>But actually I'm more than happy having the MD-11 in MSFS...>>Regards,>MarkusCan I have your MD-11 too? Everyone was expecting it for FS9.:-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Can I have your MD-11 too? Everyone was expecting it for>FS9.:-) I don't have it in FS9, but anyway no she's not real enough yet ;)Markus

Markus Burkhard

>There is already a MD-80 made by LAGO. I dont think PMDG is>going to make another aircraft similar when there is already a>payware model out. You can get it here:>>http://www.lagosim.com/default.asp?act=sch...100061〈=eng>>Chris Brand>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175044.jpg>MD-80???How'd you get that from his question? He asked about the 717...Alex

Guest WEA-JHD

>Hey Dave,>>can I make a request too?? :D>>Alright here it goes: What I would love to have is a top-notch>PMDG style Boeing 777-200LR/300ER!I back that one up 100% A really well made 777-300ER would be very nice.. i know there are some payware 777's out for flightsim, but to be honest, the freeware 777's are better (talking about the aircraft models here).A complete 777 with all systems, sounds and details would be awesome! :)Although i doubt PMDG will ever make one, nor do i expect them to do soRegardsJan

>>Hey Dave,>>>>can I make a request too?? :D>>>>Alright here it goes: What I would love to have is a>top-notch>>PMDG style Boeing 777-200LR/300ER!>>>I back that one up 100% A really well made 777-300ER would be>very nice.. i know there are some payware 777's out for>flightsim, but to be honest, the freeware 777's are better>(talking about the aircraft models here).>>A complete 777 with all systems, sounds and details would be>awesome! :)>>Although i doubt PMDG will ever make one, nor do i expect them>to do so>>Regards>JanMy bet is that many people (read: payware developers) are going to try and rush to market with "functionally-complete, fully accurate" 787 and A380 packages as soon as the 787 flies and the A380 goes into revenue service. Those are going to be the "hot" new planes that everyone will want to fly in the sim.:-roll Unfortunately, they'll be half-baked attempts, at best...Personally.. I'd prefer a 777 (any variant) with a nice VC, stable dynamics and an accurate external model. Until then, I'm satisfied to marry the 777 of one developer with the external model of another and I am fully enjoying the results. (this is, of course in FS9 since I have no burning desire to pollute my system with FSX)Alex

Considering all the requests for the 777, I would guess that PMDG may choose that aircraft after the A320. About the original 717-200 though. I was just thinking that same thing mainly because I very recently had a chance to sit in the cockpit of one for a little while after I landed in Honolulu. Here's a nice shot of the experience. BTW, that flight deck is small! I almost hit my head on the overhead panel trying to sit down.CIMG2657-1.jpgAnyway, ever since, I've been searching for a B712. I want to fly for Hawaiian in real life and I think this would be perfect to get to know the inter-island routes. I'm so addicted to PMDG quality aircraft though, I can't stand to fly any other B712 currently available. Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest WEA-JHD

I believe i read somewhere in this (or another) forum that PMDG used to make a 777 for X-plane a long time ago. If they have i dont think there would be too much trouble for them to make it for FS9/FSX in the future, of course there would be alot of work, but they allready got the previous experience then :)Please do correct me if i am wrong as this is a pure speculation on my part.Kind regardsJan

Guest Ragstar

I would support the E-170/190, still waiting on a good one and they are turning up everywhere in RLWould also suport 777/717. Still flying the 737 since fs2002 and looking forward to the NGXDean RichesPS: Purely selfish reasons: Virgin Blue about to recieve E170/190 and 777 ;-)