Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Problem Flying Some SIDS

I have loaded up the latest EGKK SID's from Navdata in to my 737-800 and have selected the LAM4M sid from runway 26L. I can see the first two fixes (IWW2.3 and Fix02) in the FMS Plan screen but the magenta line does not fly over them. The IWW2.3 is the first turn point after takeoff but the aircraft follows the maganta line and turns too early. I have LNav selected and the autopilot in command mode. Any ideas why its not waiting for the IWW2.3 fix before it turns to the right. It can't be following the HDG bug because this is set to 260.Glen

Glen

The default type of fix/waypoint is a flyby.. if the author of the procedure wants the aircraft to cross over the fix before starting a turn then they need to use the keyword OVERFLY. My guess is you're not doing anything wrong... if the author provides their email address I recommend pointing the problem to them. Most of us that write these really do like feedback.

Dan Downs KCRP

dang...i think that was my 'interim' fix to simon butler's excellent sids/stars for the uk majors which he stopped updating in march (modified with mr b's kind permission).my changes at the time were only to the stars (they were restructured a litle in the march airac) - i made no change to simon's sid programming which (as part of lam4m) specifiesSID LAM4M RNW 26L HDG 262 UNTIL 696 FIX IWW2.3 FIX FIX02 SPEED 180 FIX DET31...i think the offender in this is "...UNTIL 696..." which sh/could be modified to specify the overfly dan refers to.unless someone beats me to it (doesn't worry me - i thought terry yingling/planepath were covering the uk majors now, including lgw, so my mods to simon's procs should be redundant!) i'll have a dekko at a further fiddle in the next day or two and update and post it back up on navdata.in the interim, you could fly the sid manually to the turn and then engage lnav.[by the way, terry (if you happen to read this), thanks for updating the egll (and other app procedures) procedures and maintaining these on your site - i note that the non-radar approaches at the end of the stars aren't implemented - fyi and feel free to email if you want further detail/info]

Many thanks for the feedback.I have just re-downloaded and installed the latest SID/STAR's from Planepath. The LAM4M is doing the same thing i.e. not overflying IWW2.3 ??Glen

Glen

Have you tried the UK SIDSTARs from Terry's site, http://planepath.com ? He is creating them by hand from charts. If you have a problem with one of his he also has a forum here at AVSIM.. in the Non-Commercial Support section for Terminal Procedures.

Dan Downs KCRP

Glen,You could always try my version available in a post just under this one titled 'NAVDATA update procedures'.I decided to write my own version(s) ages ago & have ommitted the HDG until ALT entry & prefer 'hard coded' fixes...created by bearing & DME from the relative navaid...I also prefix these with 'OVERFLY'...seems to work fine for me. I've included several UK airports...see what you think??Dan,Just flown your superb VOR 13L approach to JFK in a 744F...WOOOWEE!! it was fun...more cheeky than the old IGS 13 into Kai Tak me thinks!!KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DAN!!:-WAVERegardsSteve B:-wave

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I'll vote for Steve's SID/STARS- he and Dan are the Gurus in my book.Best-Carl

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Wow, blush. Thanks guys. I really mean it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Steve,I've just tried to download your Gatwick SID/STARS but it says they are no longer available when I click on the attachment link.Thanks for your helpGlen

Glen

>Wow, blush. Thanks guys. I really mean it.Dan- I cannot begin to estimate the number of hours of absolute delight both Steve's and your procedures have added to my simming. You and Steve (and BTW if you haven't flown his IGS13 approach into Old Kai Tak (using KaiTak98) in the middle of a monsoon downpour you're really missing missing something) have added so much to the base packages. It is patently evident that the files are a labor of love- and we your afficianados are grateful for your time and talents.Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Glen,Send me an e-mail - I'll forward them that way.Carl,Work progressing on Stanstead...just finished the ILS to RWY 23...now cracking the transitions...Dan,Way to go dude!!!Steve B

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

Glen,If you are still awake you have an e-mail!!

Steve Bell

goodo...i won't look at my interim proc then :)steve...why not post 'em on navdata for the general hoi poloi? (please!)dan...what they said.

Steve,Got it, thanksGlen

Glen