Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Vatsim and PMDG

Hi Guys, I have been flying the PMDG 747 for some years now but only just took the plunge into online flying. Last night i signed up with Vatsim downloaded FSINN and RW and parked up at heathrow to have a listen to whats going on. one thing i noticed was even with the engines off I found the voice volume too low under the noise of the packs and electrics, so is there a way to turn up the voice for pilots and atc? Also i fly with TrackIR so is there any software or hardware that would allow me to have ATC only from my headset? thanks. Rob Prest BTW i have been doing short hops in the 744F testing the failures set at 30 every 10 hours and a second laptop displaying abnormal procedures, all i can say is the detail in this software is amazing!

Rob Prest

g'day rob (nearly missed your sig in there!)...i use sb3 on vatsim and haven't dabbled in fsinn - in sb3, you can specify your input and output devices for voice and atc and thus, if you use a usb headset, you can set voice/atc to the headset and leave the ambient cockpit racket to your speakers.hth

Rob,Please use SB3, FSInn has known incompatibilities with our aircraft that the author refuses to fix or allow us to help him fix.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan, Could you be a little more specific? most people i speak to tell me to go with FSINN, i also noticed that FSINN allows you to assign your own AI Aircraft models to the traffic around you. I guess that stuff is not the most important issues to me but are you saying the 744 will not work at all with FSInn or some of the TCAS transponder panel is not fully interactive? I'm sounding like a noob but why do most people suggest FSinn? is it just like the silly Airbus is better than Boeing and vice versa? Thanks. Rob (confused) Prest

Rob Prest

Hi RobI have some 700 hrs or more flying online with Vatsim, and have personally tried both FSINN and SB3 and for my 2 pennyworth preferred sb3 for no other reason than it suited my needs perfectly. and if you follow the advice of a previous poster, get a usb headset, and when you set it up for general plane noises via speakers and ATC via headset, then you can set up volume levels exactly how you like them.best regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Thanks John, Been reading up on SB3 so i will give it a try tonight. Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Rob I'm not going to get into it in detail (Lefteris is actually the one who's been through the issue code wise) but FSInn interferes with the FS NAV radio functions in a way that essentially disables features. We've tried multiple times to help the author fix it, but he refuses with some bizarre claim that Lefteris is trying to steal his code or something to that effect. If you search for it, Lefteris made a big post detailing it like maybe 5 or 6 months ago here.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the info, got SB3 running smoothly on a networked PC. Next to buying the trackIR (and the 747) online flying has got to be the best addition to my whole FS experience i can't believe i waited so long! Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Guest Jambo

Robas much as some seem to want to bash FSINN, it is a far superior program, i see you mention that you run over a network, installing FSINN on a seperate computer to that of FS2004, I have found causes none of the problems that have been mentioned regarding the incompatabilities. I have been using it since it was first released and have no problems at all.Like you mention FSINN as many other features that SB3 doesnt have, and being able to specify what models are shown when flying online is a real great one. It is far better if you want to do any formation flying or want to see your buddies a/c as it should be displayed. A feature that the more you fly online you will appreciate. Nothing worse than being told to follow the virgin 747 only for it to look like a british airways one, or be in old colours.You can even get it to display specific liveries so if you want to see all the ryanair paint schemes etc you can rather than some outdated naff model.There are features within FSINN to adjust the sound parameters and volume, try looking at WWW.mcdu.com for some more help.One other great feature of FSINN is that it doesnt realy on FSPUIC, which is one of the major causes of arguments between FSINN, FSPUIC and PMDG regarding having to PAY for stuff in our FS world.Stick with FSINN, the features are much better than SB3.RegardsJames