Sign in to follow this  
Guest DaveI

Advice for PMDG Newbie

Guest DaveI

Hi All Can someone please advise what an amber message at the lower right of the altitude tape "NO TDZ" means an what needs to be done about it? Is the Bank Limiter modelled ? I have it set at 10 or 15 degrees usually on cruise but the airplane turns much steeper than that.The bank angle seems to be directly proportional to the change in track required and the bank limiter is ignored.Thanks in anticipationDavid

Hi David"NO TDZ" means you have not selected the arrival runway and you are more then half way through your flightplan (No touch down zone). I also think the Bank limiter is only used in heading select not LNAV?? I will check with my father but i'm sure someone here will clarify. Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Bank limit only applies to HDG mode, correct.

Dan Downs KCRP

"Can someone please advise what an amber message at the lower right of the altitude tape "NO TDZ" means an what needs to be done about it?""No TDZ" also applies to the takeoff airport (although this may be aircraft specific). If you enter a departure airport on the Route page, this will put a TDZ marker on your PFD altimeter (at least it does on our real world 744's). Note: If you put in the wrong departure airport ICAO code, it puts the TDZ at the wrong altitude for your actual airport.Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Q>

Guest DaveI

Thanks Guys I'll keep on top of the FMC in the future.! Its odd the bank limiter is not effective in LNAV.Hope the coffee cups have lids on them. !Regards to all

"Its odd the bank limiter is not effective in LNAV. Hope the coffee cups have lids on them. !"LNAV comes with it's own set of bank limit/turn radius algorithms.BTW, co-ordinated turns shouldn't make the aircraft slip or skid (or coffee cups spill)... The coffee cups will just be harder to pick up ;)Cheers.Q>