Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark N.F Beauchamp

SIDS/STARS not coming up on FMC Database

Guest Mark N.F Beauchamp

i was ondering and pondering this for a long time and the case is not all i need help but a general one as well.i was wondering weather anyone else has a problem with SIDS or STARS not coming up in the Dep/ARR database on the FMC.i found this on VATSIM that i did not have any SIDS in the database just taking off from gatwick... lucky for charts eh!well if anyone has the same problem or whould kindly give help i would apreciate it alot.thanks for taking the time to read my case.

Is your problem that you do not have any sidstars or just none at one location? You didn't mention if you have downloaded sidstars, or if you have where did you download the sidstars from?You problem is probably missing procedures. These are available from planepath.com (for US or UK), among several sources.See also: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSWelcome to the forum, ask any question, just please sign your posts.

Dan Downs KCRP

What Dan "forgot" to mention is that he is one of the pre-eminent SID/STAR authors ever. If you want current NAVDATA use Navigraph- reasonable and comprehensive. Then look at PlanePath and Navdata.at for all your procedures. Finally GET Dan's AIRAC cycle revisions, and look for Steve B's post where he offers his UK procedures- both these guys do superb work.Navigraph will be offering PMDG procedures soon (perhaps, if on schedule, with the next release). Regardless of where else you get your procedures, update with Dan and Steve B's and you will be all set.They go in the FS9/PMDG/SIDSTARS folder and are .txt files. You can over write with newer versions.Hope this helps......Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi, funny thing I have right now the same problem - NO sidstars show up neither in the 747 nor in the 737. They are as they had been for the last two years . . . no changes made, just updated and installed in the proper path !Any ideas ?Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

First idea is to verify that the files are in PMDG/SIDSTARS.I assume when you say "NO sidstars" you mean when you put an ICAO code for Dep AND Arr (they are both required) then goto the ARR/DEP and select ARR or DEP, then the screen is blank. If this is true, then logically it means that the program didn't find a file named ICAO.txt in that directory.If the files exist, and what I described above is happening then this is a really interesting problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,I fill in DEP and ARR, then the dep/arr knob to find the proper runway to depart , i.e. EDDT 26R and there it says NOW = SID NONE . . . it was before always something like BRA1N or BKD5TKarl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

Hi, another update - I have an older PC with XP and there it runs everything normal - all sid's and star's show up . . .there was an update for VISTA lately - has this something to do with the problem ??BTW : SIDSTARS are on both PC's in the same path - FS9/PMDG/SIDSTARKarl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster

I run the 400/F on Vista- just flew last evening- SID and STARs worked correctly. I do have Windows Updates running so should have the latest updates.I did re-install the day before so redid my NAVDATA- maybe that would be a solution? Re-doing the Navigraph, PlanePath and other procedures (I use Dan Downs and Steve B's) might fix your issue....let me know.Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

MEA CULPA !!Made a mistake - loaded down PMDG_AIO, then copied the new data intoSIDSTAR folder but did not delete the AIO folder . . .now everything back on track - even better and more sid' and star'sespecially for EDDT !!Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Foster