Sign in to follow this  
Mathjkt

Major FMC problems with the NG's

Hello, I'm having some strange problems with the 737's at least with the 737-800, all of a sudden after a long time of usage, my fmc doesn't calculate vspd anymore!! The speed tape is completely out of value, the aircraft doesn't respect the 250/10000 speed restriction and is giving false values while calcuting vref approach speeds!I have been using PMDG 737 for a long time now and I know how to setup my fmc correctly so the problem isn't coming from me i suppose!i have taken a couple of screenshots in order to illustrate my problems!Hope someone will be able to help me out as this is kind of frustrating!!For info, i tried to remove and reinstall my PMDG boeing but it didn't change a thing, as a note I also own the 747-400 (saying this as these speeds look more like they are from that kind of plane!!)Thanks to anyone that can help and to PMDG for producing such great aircrafts!! (this little bug won't change my opinion!!)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175641.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175642.jpg

Is it possible that the units of weight got changed in the PMDG options menu?

Dave Paige

Jup, looks to me as if you have a mix up with pounds and kilos. Either the settings within MSFS and PMDG menu do not match, AND/OR... you calculated some weights in kilos and put them in with pounds set or vice versa...Best regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

You have not entered the ref speed yet! You need to click on the SK next to the flap setting you like to get it to the scratch pad then enter it to RSK4 (right select key 4)

>You have not entered the ref speed yet! For your information that has nothing to do with the problem mentioned in this thread. Besides, why would you want to enter any of those REF speeds if they are obviously incorrect?Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Thanks for your answers! I will have a look at my units as soon as i can and I'll post back to let you know if this was effectively the problem! As you said i preferred not entering any ref speed as they were quite obviously wrong.Anyway the units might be the prob didn't think of that earlier!Thank youMathjkt

Thanks for your answers! I will have a look at my units as soon as i can and I'll post back to let you know if this was effectively the problem! As you said i preferred not entering any ref speed as they were quite obviously wrong.Anyway the units might be the prob didn't think of that earlier!Thank youMathjkt

You were right! it was simply a unit setting problem... Can't believe i didn't check that earlier. Sometimes you tend to look to far for a prob when the answer is actually right under your nose! Anyway thank you very much and sorry for the disturbance.Mathjkt