Sign in to follow this  
Guest rchwallace

Slow Frame Rates and Huge Directory

Guest rchwallace

Hello All,Anyone else seen this. I am in the midst of uninstalling and reinstalling in the hopes that this will fix my errors. My FS has been crashing to desktop, not sure really the cause, as I have not had much time to debug it, it is either hardware or the PDMG. So anyway, while trying to figure stuff out my PDMG is showing all installation folders in my uninstaller as being like 22951.10MB in size. This of course seems to be enormous so I am uninstalling it with the hope that this is what is causing the sim to crash.Any theories as to why it is so huge.Regards

Guest dt1951

Hi Regards (please sign your name per forum guidelines).Unless it is just a quick fix, when I unisntall FS I also delete all FS folders. Then do another install. Yeah, it's kind of a pain. But you get a clean install with this method. Best of luck...

Nameless,This is a well known bug with Windows XP's Add/Remove Programs that happens with a lot of programs that install into another program's base folder.What's actually happening is that it reports the size of the entire FS folder, not just the PMDG install. Your PMDG install itself is not 22GB, but your whole FS folder is. You can check the folders yourself in Windows Explorer by right clicking on them and choosing Properties.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com