Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

auto brake turns OFF when rudder padel operated.

HiI have been trying to fly the pmdg 744 for the last 2 years with a joystick with minimal problems.Recently I bought the ch padels and I have started getting a number of problems,one of these problems is:The auto brake switches off when I try to straighten the airplane using the rudder control after landing.I do not push the brake padels.This creates a major panic in trying to slow down the 744.I have posted this to ch products-and no answer.Could somebody please tell me where am I going wrong-and what I need to do to sort this.Qas

Qas,This problem hit me last year...it was covered in a fair amount of detail at the time.If my memory serves me you need to calibrate your pedals via the FSUIPC interface leaving a null-zone, I suspect the background noise from your pedals 'spikes' as you input rudder movement thus disarming the autobrake.A forum search should find the post & the remedy...good luck.Kind Regards

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Steve is correct, you need to calibrate your brakes with FSUIPC, the full version... The thing is those CH pedals are way to sensitive compared to real airliner pedals. The slightest touch of the pedals kicks out autobrake so you have to be very careful not to tilt the pedals when using the rudder. As Steve said this can be prevented to a certain degree by adding a null zone, the negative effect of that being of course that the usable way of travel for the brakes is reduced even more.CH really is not realistic in that regard, the whole design is not very aircraft-like actually. Maybe one day they will design better ones, using less of that cheap plastic?Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Markus,I agree...CH Pedals are very cheap...the null zone I have set is actually not too large...however I now have a very slight differential left bias when braking...but its very workable.Kind Regards(PS...never claimed to be an airline pilot...if you get my drift!!!):-lol

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Good thing I came across this topic. I was just thinking of getting rudder pedals. I was looking at Saitek though. Are they good?>(PS...never claimed to be an airline pilot...if you get my>drift!!!)>>:-lol That's dirty. Funny, but dirty.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

>If my memory serves me you need to calibrate your pedals via>the FSUIPC interface leaving a null-zone, I suspect the>background noise from your pedals 'spikes' as you input rudder>movement thus disarming the autobrake.>>A forum search should find the post & the remedy...good luck.>>Kind Regards>Thanks for the replies.I forgot to mention that the one thing I do not understand is the programming of the FSUIPC -I have a registered version and the only thing I have used it for is controlling the surface winds on the plane-as I find the 744 becomes a hand full on landing.Therefore could you please tell me step by step how to program the padels using FSUIPC.I am using the ch control panel 4.2.Would I need to remove the padels from this?Many thanks.Qas

Guest sunbear

>Good thing I came across this topic. I was just thinking of>getting rudder pedals. I was looking at Saitek though. Are>they good?>>>(PS...never claimed to be an airline pilot...if you get my>>drift!!!)>>>>:-lol >>That's dirty. Funny, but dirty.>>>Ryan Gamurot>Lucky to live Hawai'i>>http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.pngHi Ryan,I recently bought a pair and I'm quite pleased with them. They offer an adjustment wheel to increase pedal resistance and that is something the CH pedals do not provide. For the price, I'm very happy with them and their functionality. They have just recently released a Yoke. I'm toying with the PFC 737NG which is a little more expensive than the average yoke. I'll then move on to the PFC rudders. The software provided by PMDG and others is great, however, the hardware hasn't quite caught up yet.Regards, jack

Thanks. I heard about their yoke and came a cross a special at SimWare where they're selling the Saitek Yoke, Trottle, and Rudder pedals for something like $280. I just wanted to make sure it was well worth it. Looks like it very much is.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guys,you might want to have a look at those:http://www.goflightinc.com/order/product_i...&products_id=32Pricing is a little bit higher than CH but what you get is a set of rudder pedals without all that plastic, for a good price I think.You have to be quick though, they are closing production of those... Too bad actually, they seem to be much better than CH at a good price.I'll be ordering them shortly and I do hope they'll be closer to the real MD-11 pedals... Yes I know there are even more massive pedals out there, but only these seem to be metal at a good price. @JackYou might want to hold on with that PFC yoke. Engravity is releasing their Yoke this year. Yes it will be more expensive than PFC, but that yoke from PFC is not high quality in my opinion (I'm using one for years now). Yes it is steel and metal but the FEELING is not real at all. And with Engravity doing a yoke including a simulation of real forces this most definitely will come very much closer to a real airliner's yoke.So at least wait with buying PFC until we know the pricing of Engravity's. Chances are very good it will be more expensive, much more, but at least you then can decide which one will give you more realism for your money.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest sunbear

>@Jack>You might want to hold on with that PFC yoke. Engravity is>releasing their Yoke this year. Yes it will be more expensive>than PFC, but that yoke from PFC is not high quality in my>opinion (I'm using one for years now). Yes it is steel and>metal but the FEELING is not real at all. And with Engravity>doing a yoke including a simulation of real forces this most>definitely will come very much closer to a real airliner's>yoke.>So at least wait with buying PFC until we know the pricing of>Engravity's. Chances are very good it will be more expensive,>much more, but at least you then can decide which one will>give you more realism for your money.>>Regards,>MarkusMarkus,Thanks for the info regarding 'Engravity's' upcoming Yoke. This is definitely good news to the flightsim world. I tried a Cirrus yoke a short time ago and sent it back as it did not come close to my expectations for realism. I was toying with the PFC's 737 yoke but it doesn't look like it has any simulation forces in it's design, and at that price, I might as well look into 'Engravity's' product as well.Once again, thanks for the data.jack

Jack, correct, the PFC yoke only has springs to simulate some force. Unfortunately the result is not satisfying at all, but until Engravity comes along this is the best one could get... Don't know actually when the new one from Engravity is going to be available, it should have been avialable back in May, then they moved the date to June and now there's no date at all. Still I would wait buying PFC, I'm sure Engravity will finish soon what they have started...Here's a link to the announcement. Just saw that they've removed the pictures though...http://www.flyengravity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=281Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest sunbear

Mercy be....I hope they didn't abandon their endeavors for the yoke. I would rather see at this point in time a decent yoke in this simulation world than another aircraft. The PMDG software is untouchable but the hardware business is simply non-existent. Let's hope Engravity is still in hot pursuit of this project. Regards,Jack

I think they are. Many people are waiting for a good yoke to hit the market. Plus I've read some comments made by Engravity regarding the device and they did not indicate anything more serious than delays...You could always write to Engravity to ask about the progress... even though they'd most certainly have a date for you at least that would give them some indication of how many people are actually waiting for that yoke.I agree with you the hardware part is somewhat behind the software. And the yoke is so basic for flying this HAS to be right! I'm really glad Engravity has decided to bring a good one to the market. Though I doubt it will be able to reproduce all the forces felt on the MD-11's yoke, simply too heavy for some electro motors I think ;)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Qas,Do you have the CH Control Manager installed? You can also set a larger dead zone for your pedal's brake axis with this program if you can't figure out FSUPIC's interface. I don't have the full version of FSUPIC, so I can't give you any hints in that area.Kim