Sign in to follow this  
Guest chris493

Chris493

Guest chris493

Hi all,I would like to know how you contact the forum administrator as i am being verbally abused by certain members over a supid little problem.ThanksChris

>as i am being verbally abused by certain members over a supid>little problem.Unfortunately, Chris, when you make (obviously) false claims, the verbal abuse is inevitable. You're not the first, nor will you be the last. ;)

BobK

Guest chris493

"You're not the first, nor will you be the last. ;)"Yeah ;)

Chris-You are not being verbally abused. Other members of this forum are simply reacting unfavorably to representations that you have made which are untrue.Look- lets cut to the point here... Many of us in this forum are here because we share a common love of airliners- and in particular the airplanes that PMDG produces for FS. It upsets the balance of harmony when someone arrives here boasting to be someone or something that they are not.I am not going to take you apart in an effort to embarras you, but I would appreciate if you would read everything that I have to say here. First- it is personally offensive to me that you have attempted in this forum and others to represent yourself as a member of PMDG's team. I formed PMDG ten years ago, and I know every member of this team better than you know most of your friends. We have stuck with one another through thick and thin- and we work together 80-120 hours each week. You are not a member of this team, nor do I have any reason to believe you share the very high level of qualification necessary to be on this team.Second- individuals who are INVITED to join PMDG's testing teams run with a very high profile crowd. You are not a member of our beta team (most of whom have been working with us for 3 to 9 years and are VERY well known to us) or you would not have used the term "beta team" when referring to yourself. Our 747-400 team has a combined experience load of something-to-the-tune of 40+ years combined experience operating, maintaining and working with 747-400's. This level of experience makes it very easy to spot someone who is not equally experienced.Third- Your supposition that you are qualified on the 400 at Qantas is patently false. Your lack of system operating knowledge, the overly simplistic answers provided and the general lack of airmanship knowledge make that much obvious. I think it is shameful to represent one's self as having met the qualifications of training for one of the world's great airlines when so many others have done so- and would have demonstrated their qualifications and professionalism here rather than the alternative. For those of us who have worked and flown and studied and earned the right to wear four stripes (or even three) it is deeply insulting when someone don's our mantle of professionalism and attempts to pass himself as one of us. Anyone can put stripes on his shirt- but very few can actually live up to them.Fourth- Your description of having been "cherry picked" by British Airways is untrue. I have spent nearly all of my adult life in the airline business, and I am intimately familiar with how airline recruiting and employment works. British Airways selects pilots for their own fleet types, like most all airlines, from within the ranks of their own experienced pilots. Certainly in history BA and AF used some of the initial cadre of test pilots from the Concorde program on occasion- but for day to day operation of the airplane there was never any critical shortage of knowledge or willing crewmembers to fly that wonderful airplane. Had you flown at BA for 20+ years, you might have been senior enough to bid and hold Concorde, but as a pilot for a competing airline, British Airways would not even know your name- much less pay attention to you.Fifth- had you 1/10th the experience you describe, you would not have been fooled by the decline of indicated airspeed during a climb. Nor would you have even noticed it, as this is as much a part of flying as breathing is to living for experienced pilots. You would not have been confused as to whether VNAV is affected by temperatures and winds, nor would you have had any concern about using VNAV to manage climb profiles. Your answers regarding reducing vertical speed and managing throttles to maintain speed are so overly simplistic as to defy reason- and your lack of general systems operating knowledge make it apparent to all of us here that you do not hold the qualifications you claim.All of that being said- I feel sorry for you- because you obviously seek to be taken seriously and you clearly aspire to one day hold the positions held by some of us who have politely chuckled at your comments of the past few days. I would hope that you will take from this event one simple lesson: Apply yourself, work hard, study furiously and maintain a decent and honest character, and you too may one day find yourself participating in this forum as one of the "experienced hands."You may continue to participate in this forum- but I think you would find it easier to get along with all of the participants here (and elsewhere- we all move around quite a bit) if you conduct yourself honestly. It is okay to be a sim fanatic- and it is okay to be a guy who wants to be an airline pilot. But honesty is required. You should admit to your creative application of the truth here- and then we will all forget it- and welcome you to the forum as a fellow eager to learn about the 747-400 and airliner operations.Chris, it is okay to "wish one was" but it is not okay to "pretend one is." The ones who "are" will always see you for what you are.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Chris, Robert was right about two things. First, you were wrong to make those false claims. Second, we are willing to take you back. Like Robert said, you certainly do have the enthusiasm and will probably beat me into the airline industry as I've chosen that also for my career path. Don't drop out of the forums or give up this dream for it is truly a great one. There is so much you could learn here to help you on your way. Take full advantage of that. And who knows, you may end up having a laugh over this one day with your co-pilot. Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Chris,These points are absolutely bang on, take the advice mate.- nuff said.Kind Regards

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Guest chris493

Hi Robert,I am so trully sorry for this. I obviously wasnt thinking and I thank you trully for feeling sorry for me and accepting me back into the PMDG simulations comunity. I am so sorry for this mistake. I regret it deeply.Thank you for making me wake up and stop being such an idiot!Thanks for all your help and commitment,Chris

Guest chris493

Chris,right, and idiot you were... But if you tell us a couple of words about yourself we will accept you here for what you really are.You know, people working and being in aviation are some of the most open minded and friendly people on the planet, simply because there's one big thing connecting them all; the dream of flying. I'm sure all of us will give you that second chance to be part of this flightsim community. Continue to ask as many questions as you like, but be honest! That's all that is required...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Hey Chris, Your still young but seem to have a keen interest in this complex technology. My father flies the 744F but at that age of 29 i have left it too long to follow in his footsteps. Keep focused and study hard and then who knows what the future holds. Rob Prest

Rob Prest

That was a very honorable response Chris. :) Now, if more people would take that attitude, things would be much better in internet forum land. Sometimes, people have had the tendancy to get a little carried away when no one actually knows them. There was one guy who claimed to be a UAL pilot, and had a lot of people going for quite a while. He even loaned his "expert" seal of approval to a commercial product be he was exposed. Then there was the "pilot" who owned several private jets of his own. That was on the old Project Freeware forum, if any of you "old timers" remember that. Like I said, you weren't the first, nor will be the last. At least you were big (and mature) enough to own up to your mistakes. Most others just disappear and come back with a new identity. ;)

BobK

Chris, ultimate success in the various chapters of life, come from treating each and every experience, as a learning one. The difference between reaching and not reaching your goals rests in this small subtly. Demand of yourself to learn All you can from Each experience and Apply it. If you are truly 13, then Robert

Hi there,Very well done Mr. Randazzo. It shows the high quality of the PMDG team not only in professionalism but also in human relation.Michel