Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stanner1953

Sound V1.0r0 Installed Possible Problems?

Guest Stanner1953

I am having all sorts of problems with the autopilot. I installed the Sound V1.0r0 upgrade from the PMDG web site. After the installation, I find that regardless of the speed that I am flying, I get a red ribbon (blocks) in the PFD along the speed dial.I recently tried flying the tutorial in the PMDG printed manual. I was unable to get beyond 196 knots. I engaged the VNAV and LNAV and then at about 1,000 feet I turned on the autopilot. Soon I heard an awful noise RA TATA and VNAV went out and FLCH was engaged automatically. I began to lose speed.When I reached cruise altitude, I tried to engage the VNAV and LNAV and the autopilot. Same thing happened again. The awful noise and the VNAV was disengaged, and loss of speed. The last thing I noticed was that when I entered the cruise altitudein the PERF INIT page of the FMC as Fl350, it appeared as FL390 in the LEGS page. Could it be that I have done something wrong in the THRUST LIMIT page?I also experienced a BLACK screen crash. This happened after I installed the Sound upgrade.Can it be possible that this Sound upgrade is causing the above problems?Any help will be appreciated.Thanks.Stanner

Stanner,Something else is causing your problems - the only files installed or touched by the sound update are .wav files in the sound folder, that's absolutely it.I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the plane from scratch as it looks like something is corrupted.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Stanner1953

Ryan,Thank you. I will reinstall the PMDG.Stanner

Ryan,I know that only sound files are supposed to be replaced, but I had the sound update mess up my 747 QoS installation TWICE, once after a clean reinstall of the 747. I'm a little hesitant to try a third time since my 747 is now working like a charm and I'd rather be flying than repairing.Kim

Guest Stanner1953

Kim,I agree with you. As suggested by the PMDG representative on this web site, I reinstalled the PMDG 747 sim. I did not install the Sound upgrade. ALL the problems I listed are NOW GONE. I do not intend to install the Sound upgrade. Happy flying.Stanner

Just a thought.... Could your FMC inputs be wrong? Did you run the PMDG Load Manager prior to starting the sim? Have you selected metric or imperial in FS9 to match your FMC inputs?Cheers.Q>

Guest shogun007

Stanner check your other post, I put a reply in there of how I fixed the same problem you are having. It is the Updated sound File. It's dodgey asnd causes more problems than it's worth. Anyway you can't hear much more than a bit of wind noise on the flight deck of a Jumbo, so in the big scheme of things the sound isn't that important.Regards Steve PowerSecond Officer 747-400Qantas AirwaysSydney, Australia

Guys, I'm absolutely positive on this. That installer does not touch a thing besides adding wav files and a new sound.cfg ... There are programs that track installer actions, you can verify it with something like that. Do you guys have anything out of the ordinary as far as Windows version, language/localization etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest shogun007

You are probably right, I just know that after I installed that update the sim ceased to operate without major issues and certainly nothing like it should. Granted it could just be the the reinstall that has fixed it, but I'm not game to install the updated sound files in case I go back to square one again and have a sim that won't operate very well at all. Although I will miss the uncertainty of the speed window opening at 100kts on climb and the aircraft reducing thrust and departing controlled flight. If anything it has given me plenty of practice for recovering from unusual attitudes.If I do get game I will put the sound update onto the system and beta test the problem somewhat.Regards Steve PowerS/O 744Qantas AirwaysSydney, Australia

Ryan,Just a curious question. Does the installer reset any options in the PMDG menu, like rechecking the 'controls override' boxes maybe? I never checked to see if that was the case when I last tried the sound update install.Kim