Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Something Wrong with this picture?

Guest chris493

Apart from Engine Bleed 3 being off your engine ratings (bottom) are all uneven apart from the first two because they are close.

What happened to your flap indication????Can't recall if TO1 is a normal indication during rollout (perhaps it is if your flap position system has gone crazy). Engine indications vary depending on engine type.Did you manually select the bleed off? (or is it a fault)Something to do with CABIN ALTITUDE?Have you seen something we haven't seen?Would you like to give us a clue? :(Cheers.Q>

Guest A32X

Who said anything about rollout? Anyway bleed 3 is off yet, as you know, each reverser is powered by bleed air from it's engine, should reverser number 3 be operating in this situation? Also selecting full reverse thrust the white Command N1 Indicator is commanding idle power. Also Chris, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.Paul

"Who said anything about rollout?" Other than RTO, I can't think of any other time you would want reversers :("Anyway bleed 3 is off yet, as you know, each reverser is powered by bleed air from it's engine, should reverser number 3 be operating in this situation?"Yes it should be. On the CF6, special logic applies to the bleed valves when reverse thrust OR anti-ice is selected. Only an overheat will override this special logic.CheersQ>

Regarding reversers... I'm not 100% sure what is shown during reverse thrust operation (especially above idle, as this is not allowed with the engines running... in the particular area where I work during maintenance testing). Our AOM shows no target cursor at all during reverse thrust, both for RR's and GE's. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176211.jpgUnfortunately, this picture I took many years ago is not clear enough to show what is present during idle reverse (on this RR).Anyway, looking forward to what YOU think is correct.Cheers.Q>(Edit... Now that I think about it, the target thrust is removed on the RR during reverse because the RR's switch from EPR to N1 control during reverse thrust). EPR's cannot be measured properly during reverse thrust operations because of the disruption to airflow)

Comparing the blurry picture above and the AOM, the descriptions provided in the AOM seem to be accurate.During reverse thrust on the RR (from top to bottom)...The digital reference EPR is removed and replaced with "REV"The max epr line changes to white (because the EPR's are "invalid" during reverser ops)The Reverence EPR cursor is removedThe command cursor is removedSo, on a GE, assuming the AOM is accurate, you would expect the following...The digital reference N1 is removed and replaced with "REV"The reference N1 cursor is removedThe command cursor is removed.From (dim) memory, this was discussed during beta testing, and it was deemed too difficult/or time-consuming to remove the cursors.Cheers.Q>

RE the GE display, yes that sounds about right.To be honest the only thing you look for on the engine display while deploying reverse is all 4 REV indications above N1 turn yellow while in transit and then to green when they lock.This is usually monitored by the pilot not flying.I did a landing a while ago with number 4 reverse dispatched locked out with a brisk X-wind from the left.for whatever reason number 3 reverse didn`t deploy.That focused my mind(and right foot) during the roll out. :-0cheersJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Guest D17S

On the other hand, what's right? #3 EGT is distinguishably lower with that engine's bleed off. Nice.

Last time I checked, the rev is powered by each individual Hydraulic system.

You must have been checking a Pratt&Whitney engine ;)The PMDG logics are based on GE engines.Cheers.Q>

Is the same for all 3 engines. Hydraulics are required to activate the REV. Maybe your'e confused with the LE flaps, they require Pneumatic bleed air. ;)

Gents-the FSX release will be updated to have correct indications during REV operations.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

"Is the same for all 3 engines. Hydraulics are required to activate the REV."Seems you are right, Ramon (perhaps I was thinking of another sim).... However, air is required on real world GE and RR engines for reversers. Hydraulics is required on real world P&W engines for reversers. Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Q>

Guest nicam

whats also wrong with that pic, why is the H I at full bank?Michael