Sign in to follow this  
Guest RamboHH

FS2004 Just Crashed after some flight minutes! * Please...

Guest RamboHH

Hey,After some minutes of flight the FS9 just "Crashed".I am so confused of this! I allready make a clean re-install of the Sim... but it doesnt helped! This never happend before I installed the PMDG ( 737NG & 744/F ).I got one screenshot of the problem! I hope that this can help you !** Problem **1. The Taskbar is just gone!2. A Green line is coming ... ( down )And when I click on "ALT" the game just crashing... sometimes I am back in Windows... without any message ! sometimes I need to do a Restart!Nothing works... Only a fully restart :(THE PIC:fs920070%38%30819512331jq6.jpgShot at 2007-08-08

Guest Philip Olson

When you did a re-install did you do it completely? First you need to uninstall the PMDG aircraft and other major add-ons that may put files in multiple places on your hard drive, then uninstall FS2004. Many people stop here and re-install but you are not done yet, leaving the left over files can cause problems. First you have to go and delete your main FS2004 folder, then delete C:Documents and Settings"your name here"Application DataMicrosoftFS9. Where it says "your name here" it is usually your name but it will usually be the "administrator" on your computer. Delete that entire folder and then the flight simulator files folder located in My Documents. Normally there is nothing in there that is a problem unless a saved flight has a problem and then every time you start that flight you have a problem. Only by deleting all of the files listed above can you truly have a clean re-install of FS because there are many, many files left behind that could be the problem and hence you will never be able to solve it. When you re-install do not add all of your add-ons back at the same time, do them one at a time because a bad add on or two that are not compatible with each other could be causing the problem. Always track your changes and do them slowly, that is one or two at a time so if something goes wrong it is easy to find the source of the problem without having to spend hours uninstalling and then re-installing. Is your computer or video card over heating? Check and make sure all of the fans are working ok and make sure that dust is not plugging anything up. This is very important, make sure that all of the air inlets and outlets are free from dust, then make sure that there is not a build up of dust on any of the internal parts especially the CPU and video card. Also when checking the fans make sure the fan for the CPU and video card are working as these are extremely important. Not all video cards have fans but most of them today do. Next did you update any driver files recently? Often a video, sound or really any driver update can cause problems. If you have updated a driver try a different driver or go back to the old one. Anyway those are a few ideas you might want to look into, hope it helps. Have you adjusted any of your computers settings? Is your CPU or video card over clocked? If so go back to the original settings and try to see if FS works ok. If overclocking is the problem find a new setting that will work with FS. Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest RamboHH

Hey,First Thank you for this answer!!!Ok, I just re-installed FS9 before a week... and Yes, A complete un-install of course... Deleted everything ! from the Uninstallers of the Add-on! The last thing I deleted was the FS2004 after I deleted everything! (C:Documents and Settings"your name here"Application DataMicrosoftFS9) I deleted of course too! after I deleted everything for the Flight Sim ! I started all my cleaners... Cleared the Registry of Flight Sim and all add-ons! whatever everything was deleted fine.Ok here is my System:( Nothing is overcloacked! )CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3500+Motherboard Name: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (MS-7025) (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA nForce3 Ultra, AMD HammerSystem Memory: 2048 MB (DDR SDRAM)Graphic Card: MSI NX6800 128MBAll drivers are updated! Windows is Updated ( WinXP SP2 )I just can't find any solution for this problem!as I said when I delete the PMDGOptions.dll from the Modules folder everything works fine! I installed the PMDG in the right order!and updated them!more info I cant give... I think thats all :[ Thank You! Regards RamboHH

Guest FrancoisH

Can you check your FS is upgraded with Service Pack 1 ? (for FS9, then 9.1 update).And check as well you don't have anything using your memory, or that your CPU is not reaching too high Temperature...Those are common things that can make your menu bar disappearing.http://francois.houlbreque.free.fr/ivao/signature-ivao.jpg

Guest RamboHH

Hey,Yes of course my Flight Sim is updated ( FS2004 ver. 9.1 ).The only thing is that the Flight Sim is working... I dont start any other programs...! ( ActiveSky is ofc too ON ).I made a flight today about 2 hours! and everything works fine without any problems! *BUT* I deleted the PMDGOptions.dll out of the Modules Folder of the Simulator! When I put this .dll file back in the Modules folder the Flight Sim is crashing again!Confused :XEDIT:The temperature of my system is good! I have 7 cooler !

Guest FrancoisH

Hum I've a last clue... Upgrade FSUIPC to the really last version of it.

Guest RamboHH

Allready newest version ;] I am Up-to-Date at everything :(But maybe you can check which PMDGOptions.dll you got!would maybe help me!