Sign in to follow this  
j1o2h3n4

Support or lack of it

Hi all,I recently suffered a HDD failure, the end result of which was to have a new HDD fitted. After the new drive was fitted it was found that it was possible to read the old one. This was done and all the files from the old were copied to the new and put into a folder named "Old C Drive".I have with help from Aerosoft managed to re-install all of their download products, plus many other add-ons.Now to the crux of the problem, I have the 737-600/700/800 & 900 on disc and have re-installed them plus patches, time consuming but do-able.I also had the downloaded version of the 747 QoS. On attempting to re-install using the original installer program, my mail and downloads are on another drive, so remained intact, I was asked for EMail address/order no and password. The first two were easy to answer the third one, ie password, I was stumped on. I searched all my mail folder s and could not find an EMail from PMDG stating any password. Question to any that downloaded this program, did PMDG notify purchasers of this password?I have been in touch with updateme at PMDG but apart from asking me to send all the details of how I have tried the re-installation, no help forthcoming from that direction.Bearing in mind that I have the original installation in "My old C drive", is there a way by copying and pasting etc I can carry over this programm to the new FS9 set-up? Regards JohnT

John,I can feel your pain. HDD failures are never fun to deal with. With that being said I will give you some tips and hints about the password you are looking for. The password the installer is looking for is the same password you use to enter the PMDG shop. If you have forgotten the password you can go to the account settings in the shop and ask for a new one. PMDG can probably not at all see or retrieve your password as they are usually stored encrypted in their database.Hope it helps,

Thanks Matt,Problem resolved, went to the shop as you suggested. When I logged in mozilla filled all the blanks, ie it remembered passwords. Went to tools , on mozilla, and looked at the password file. But on putting those passwords in, no positive results.Went back to the shop, logged in again, put the cursor on the end of the encrypted password and then using the arrow key counted the amount of characters. From this count, I then knew/guessed which password I had used initially. Brought up the installer and voila, it ran right through. Now to see if I can get the updates.Thanks for guiding me on the right path, and I need not put my comments as to my opinion of updateme, needs I.Regards JohnT