Sign in to follow this  
Guest miggi747

Boeing 737-900ER

Guest miggi747

Hi all.This is my first time posting in this forum. I would just like to ask if there is a Boeing 737-900ER model and fde made by PMDG. And are there models without the eyebrows as well?Thanks.Juan Miguel Solidum

Juan Miguel,Not in the current NG package, sorry. We are considering this for inclusion in our new NG however.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest miggi747

>Juan Miguel,>>Not in the current NG package, sorry. We are considering this>for inclusion in our new NG however.Oh ok. Thanks. Maybe I'll just have the FDE modified or something to make the -900 perform like the ER. But I don't know if the ER is externally different from the standard -900.Juan Miguel Solidum

Guest chris493

The ER version has winglets but apart from that I dont think the ER has any other visual exterior differences (correct me if im wrong guys!)

Actually the winglets are an option, so it's quite possible there could be orders without them (although very unlikely). The most noticeable exterior difference is the addition of exit doors aft of the wing.Brian

Brian W

KPAE

Actually there is a visual difference for the -900ER. There is a new door added between the two small doors over the wing and the aft door. A quick check on www.newairplane.com and then choose the 737-900ER and then the gallery. This door was added as the FAA would not approve the -900 to carry more passenger's unless more exit doors where added. As a matter of fact, even the -900 will now have the doors and they can be active or not. It is not longer an option, boeing made changes to all of the jigs instead of making a new one. Hope that helps and YES PMDG please make the changes so we can have the updated -900 and the -900ER.Off the main Boeing site, courtesy of the Boeing Corp.Major ChangesAn extra pair of exit doors, aft of the wings A two-position tail skid A flat rear pressure bulkhead Wing strengthening changes Enhancements to the leading and trailing edge flap systems Up to two optional auxiliary fuel tanks Optional Blended Winglets BenefitsCarries 26 more passengers than the 737-900, up to 215 passengers in a single-class configuration Flies about 500 nautical miles farther, up to 3,200 nm (5,925 km) Weighs more than 10,000 pounds (4,536 kgs) less than the A321. Has lower operating costs than the A321; about 9 percent lower per trip, and 7 percent lower per seat.