Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Help! Cannot get any FMC data for London Heathrow (EGLL)

I just tried to build a flightplan from KLIA (WMKK in Malaysia) to London Heathrow (EGLL). But the instant I input EGLL as the destination at the start of the flightplan, the FMC scratchpad announced:EGLL err 05: Runway UnknownI have seen this in the past on my system, but never had any trouble with it despite doing nothing other than entering EGLL as the destination. Tonight however, I was unable to enter any ARR info for EGLL because for the first time ever the ARR page for EGLL on the FMC had no STARS and no approaches listed. As a result, there is no arrival runway info displayed anywhere in the FMC for EGLL and so I cannot complete the flightplan.This error message about EGLL is also announced if I load any other flightplan I have developed in the past with an arrival at EGLL although it does at least have the arrival runway listed but no other runways appear.Can anybody assist with this, please? Thanks.Jonathan

I should add, I am seeking to land at EGLL 27R, NOT runway 5. Runway 5 is a strange runway anyway and is rarely used for anything at EGLL. I've checked the FMC airport data file in my FS9 directory and it does have listed 27R and L and 9R and L. I just get this error message any time I input EGLL in the ARR page. It is weird and disturbing that there is no data at all for EGLL. I use the Richard Stefan AIRAC.Appreciate any help, thanks!Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,the solution is dead easy: remove all reference to SID/STAR to runways 05 and 23 in the file EGLL.TXT and you'll be fine. Or better, download a more recent EGLL.TXT file...Patrick,

I don't think runway 05 has been used for anything for years.. Isn't it just a taxiway now?CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

>I don't think runway 05 has been used for anything for>years.. Isn't it just a taxiway now?>>Cheers>>CraigCorrect.There are only 2 Rwy's : 09L/R or 27L/R (depending on the wind)!05 is for a long time now used as taxiway!

Patrick:Thanks. I shall try that!Jonathan

William:I guess I am showing my age. I remember seeing a Korean Air 747-200 landing on Rwy 5 once many years ago. I also believe--I may be wrong here--that a BOAC 707 landed there during an emergency in 1968 when it lost an engine due to fire right after takeoff. I think the ship was named "Whiskey Echo." I do know that 121 survived.The things we remember.....!Jonathan

May I suggest a subscription to the UKAIS (free) or NaviGraph (great value, small cost)? Either will assist. For UK FMS data updates Navdata.at has almost all needed procedures, and if you fly the 747 my mate Steve Bell has uploaded procedures for 747 capable UK fields right here!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Whoops, not much luck. I don't find a file called EGLL.TXT. I was looking in the FMCWP folder within FS9 which has all the wp for PMDG and Level-D. Where do I find EGLL.TXT?Thanks again.Jonathan

Hooray, success! Panic over....I am such a fruitcake. I was looking in the wrong bloody folder. I found the SIDS/STARS for EGLL and duly deleted rwys 5 and 23 and BINGO! all appears normally now. Yay!I spent 4 hours manually building the flightplan from hi-altitude jetways and waypoints in FSNAvgiator last night and nearly had kittens when I had no arrival runway at EGLL !Thanks Patrick. And whew!Jonathan