Sign in to follow this  
Guest mlcrane

Project Magenta Support for upcoming FSX products

Guest mlcrane

This is a heart-felt plea.Could you folks please talk to the Project Magenta folks and make your upcoming FSX products work with the various PM software products?Your work is clearly the best in terms of aircraft model and systems for those that don't have burgeoning sim-pits, and your moves to support the GoFlight/Engravity hardware have gone a long way to bridging the gulf between the "hobby flyer" and the "sim-pitter", but with FSX not yet having any really great 737/747 models that will work with the PM cockpit software, there's an untapped market that it would be truely excellent to see you moving into.Murray (B1900D, 737NG and QoS owner, and now working at a PM 737NG sim-pit)

Guest jarrodc

Here Here,I am also a PM user and long await the ability to fly the best 737/747 model with the best cockpit software.Please PMDG consider this and talk to the PM guys. There are so many PM driven cockits out there using the default FS model. If PM could work with PMDG it would be an untapped market for you I would think.Jarrod ClowesAustralia

What PM?????? They have seem to stop doing anything for ages, no updates no suppport no nothing!!!I don't think that the ability of PM and PMDG will ever be a reality......Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest mlcrane

>What PM?????? They have seem to stop doing anything for ages,>no updates no suppport no nothing!!!>>I don't think that the ability of PM and PMDG will ever be a>reality......>>>ChrisNo updates? Last round of updates happened in March, and prior to that November last year. That's more frequent than the software company I work for...No support? I have to (slighty) agree with you on this, they've become a lot harder to get hold of, but they're certainly not impossible to get hold of, and I've personally never had to wait more than 12 hrs for a new keycode (all done via email remember).If GoFlight/Engravity gear and software can be made to work, I don't see any reason (other than recalcitrance) why PM software (and the various hardwares that can drive it) can't also be made to work.Murray

Guest jarrodc

Pity, both extremely good products.Anyway wait & see. Lets hope PMDG will see there is a market out there for people building sim pits that need flexability. Good point Murray, I cant see why not either. I mean its not as if PMDG are revealing their secrets to the world. I am sure between PMDG & PM if they entered into an agreement and shared some of their logics built into their software - a lot of simmers would be happy, not to mention the market they could capture together.

This has been brought up for discussion quite a few times here in this forum, perhaps not always specifically regarding PM but support for third party solutions in general.At least so far the official standpoint from PMDG has been along these lines:"It is not due to lack of interest that we won't open up our offsets values to hardware builders. The reason is simple: It took us a very long time to develop our systems at a professional grade. For example: The autopilot flight director system is very generic and can be used everywhere, so we consider it a trade secret and will only work with specific hardware vendors to develop drivers for their hardware.Please don't consider this business decision as contrary to "a single attempt to help us cockpitbuilders" - if Phidgets would be done in a way that could protect our proprietary data, we'd be supporting that too."http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=128986&page=I realize PM is not a hardware solution, but I suppose the answer would be the same.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------