Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Separating speaker and headset sounds

I know that someone has posted about this before, but I cannot find it again.I can either receive all sounds through my headset, or when I unplug them, through my speakers. How do I separate the sounds so that ATC comes to my headset, and environmental sounds to my speakers?I have fiddled for a long time without success. Help!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Well, basically, if you don'T have two soundcards in your computer, you can't. Simplest thing you can do is buy an USB headset and set your ATC program (IF SEPARATE - for example, Squawkbox) to play on your headset.If you mean separating FS9 (FSX) ATC from the environmental sounds, then you can't do that.

Hi Word Not Allowed,Many thanks for your reply. Confirm that I have only a single sound card.I have online ATC via SB3 coming to my headphones OK. What I can't work out is how to divert the environmentals from FS2004 to my speakers instead of my headphones.Any help?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hello- I'm not sure what you want is possible. The way I do that is by running SB3 on a networked laptop (WideFS). That way all sounds other than ATC come out of the speakers and ATC comes out of the headset. Pretty realistic. Either this way or maybe the 2 card approach- even though I'm not sure how you would assign the different sounds to different cards in FS??Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest macman4

Richard, Like Word Not Allowed said you will need 2 sound cards or a USB head set. Now, not is all lost!. I went to Radio Shack and bought a usb headset, with mic, for 9.99, on sale. When you plug in the usb headset it acts like another sound card. In SB3 there is a setting to set the headset as the voice for your ATC and all other sounds ( aircraft and environment ) comes from your computer speakers. I have 5.1 speakers for my computer and it sounds great. Ask if you have more ?'s. Bob

Hi Guys!Many thanks for your ideas. I had overlooked the WideFS solution, so I think that I shall install SB3/4 on my second PC so that I can connect my headphones to ATC, leaving my main PC to blast FS2004/PMDG over my speakers.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Some of the newer motherboard integrated sound chipsets can do this too actually. There's an option to make the front headphone jack act show up as a separate output device from the rear speaker jack.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com