Sign in to follow this  
MSW

Need Help With 747-400 Loc and Appr For Kai Tak

I've tried searching the forums and have tried several suggestions but I'm still having problems. When approaching the VHHX IGS (111.90) the localizer and glideslope are showing on the PFD but when I try to push the LOC or APPR buttons nothing happens, they will not turn on. Localizer and or glideslope are showing alive and moving on the PFD. I have one AP on, heading select going at 58 degrees to capture localizer, FMC nav/rad manually set to 111.90/088, altitude hold at 4000, autothrottle on and speed mode set to 210 but the LOC or APPR buttons will not activate.I do have the VHHX approaches and such from AVSIM library within the PMDG SID/STAR folder. The addon scenery for Kai Tak is Vile's KaiTak98 along with the building autogen. FS2Crew is installed but I'm not using it.I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Mike

I thought everyone knew that, the IGS 13 approach was ALWAYS flown manually by the crew?That's why they built Chep Lap Kop to cut down on the mistakes.......

Dave Taylor gb.png

The turn for Rwy 13 has to be flown manually but the aircraft should be able to follow the IGS localizer and glide slope. At some point prior to turning the autopilot can be turned off and the turn made manually.My problem is the PMDG 747-400 is showing the localizer and glideslope on the PFD but the LOC or APPR buttons will not turn on to capture them. I tried using the default Cessna 172 and the APP mode on it's AP captures the localizer just fine. So why won't the PMDG 747?Am I missing something or what?Mike

Mike the Cessna is a much, much easier aircraft to land at VHHX than a 747 mate.In all the video's I have seen, the localizer and glide slope indications have just been an aid. All the landings I have seen have ALL been under manual control there.One of the few places the sheer expertise of the crew doing it, really show. These guys are better than we think.

Dave Taylor gb.png

My point is, the PMDG 747-400 LOC and APPR buttons do not work for me. I used the Cessna simply to show that the approach mode on it's auto pilot is working whereas the PMDG's does not. I need help to resolve that problem. How the approach was flown in real life is irrelevant at this point.Mike

Guest pierre974

Just for the piece of information, I've already flown the IGS13 at VHHX with LOC engaged, before the right turn to the final approach. So I don't know exactly what your problem is. Quite weird.

I figured it out. It was FS2Crew messing me up. I uninstalled it and the problem went away. I don't remember it causing a problem before.Mike

This is a known issue with FS2crew. Make sure there are no other windows in focus at the time ie SB3 if flying online.You will find that if you go into the VC mode you will be able to activate the LOC or APP modes.

Cheers

Steve Hall