Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

PMDG Download Server Problem Resolved

I'm glad you think it's working normally. Maybe for you it is but not for me it ain't! I paid for extended download of the 737-600/700 - order ID: 85743. The link for this never arrived. A link did arrive for an old order but it was out of date - said so in the message! When I attempted to open this just now I got:'Error: Your request ID is incorrect. Please contact store administrator for more information'.I am blue in the face trying to contact you! BTW, I used CTRL+R and I tried pasting the URL.

Supporter.png

John

Did you send the email to the 'updateme' address as stated in the reply you got?

Captains-We have been able to identify and resolve the problem created by Microsoft's most recent security update. The download server is now operating normally.If you purchased a product on 17AUG/18AUG and were unable to download from the link, please attempt the download again and you should be working!(Note that you may need to press CTRL+R to flush your browser cache...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Nameless-Since you failed to sign your name to your request for help- it is obvious that you did not read the forum guidelines....This also leads me to believe that you didn't read the instructions that came with your Extended Download purchase...The instructions are containd within that email- follow them and we'll be happy to set you up!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I eventually managed to download an extended licence. It seems that the login I used had changed from the one on the PMDG database. Once the password was re-set by Paul I got the licence.However....it made no difference to the performance of the 737NG 600/700. I get 6 - 18 fps at the end of the runway, and 6 fps steady during the t.o. roll. This is even with autogen off, AI at zero, antivirus etc off. I checked the active processes - 99% FS9. With the autogen full up, AI at 80% the PMDG 1900D runs at 21 fps, the Kittyhawk/PS Panel 737 combo at 19 fps, the FFX 733 and 738 at 21 fps. So, something is not right with the PMDG install on my PC. I install on the S drive, not the C. Instead of nit-picking about whether or not I followed the forum guidelines exactly, it would be better if PMDG could sort out their malfunctioning software. I paid them 40 USD for something which does not perform the way they told me it would. If it was a 40 dollar shirt that had a hole in it, I would take it back to the shop and get my money back!John Fee

Supporter.png

John

Dear John-even though we respect and understand the frustration you might be facing in what you expected to have been an amazing experience, it is near impossible for us to assist you in getting your computer to perform as expected, without at least some background information in terms of what PC specs you have, hardware and software included.The hole in shirt analogy is a bit undeserved - the issue here isn't our product's performance (as witnessed by thousands of other customers as above par even on much older computers) but really your individual setup which would require more attention.Please share more details with us - and possibly do it with our support staff as well - so someone can take more time to assist further.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks for your gentle reply, Lefteris, but I still think the hole in the shirt analogy is an apt one! I have been posting in the FS2004 General Discussion Forum about this problem and we may have identified something not right about the installation. To recap, I am using the 737-600 in 2D mode, v.1.03 build 80. With AI and autogen off, antivirus off, firewall off, and no scenery addons, I get frame rates of 6 fps at the end of the runway. There are occasional spikes of 17 or so. When I begin the take off roll, the rate sticks at 6 or even less. Normally I run dual screens - configured independently, not extended desktop - but the problem remains when I use single monitor mode. I have tried upping the frame rate settings to 40 fps without improvement (I usually run at 29 fps). A few things have come to light. When I use SHIFT-7 to open the OH, the panel opens up in front outside the plane on top of the default panel setting. When I open this same panel using the 'O' button, it opens up as it should. There is a low level hissing sound when the OH opens.In the FS tool bar under PMDG I only have PMDG/General/LCD Frame Rate Tuning and PMDG/General/Keyboard Commands. Apparently there should be more items on this menu, e.g. PMDG/General/Options/Various/Panel Switcher. I do not have this. Previous installs? I removed an earlier PMDG 737-600/700 install with the PMDG uninstall tool. I bought an extended download licence and did a clean re-install on my S drive (partitioned drive). I have the PMDG Beechcraft 1900D and this flies perfectly. All my other aircraft fly well. My system:FS9 in XP Pro all the updates, security fixes, patches etcFirefox 2.0.0.6 Asus A8N32-SLI-deluxeAthlon 2.4 GHz1 GB DDR (matched pair, very fast)Nvidia 7800 GTX 256 Mb with latest graphics driverDirectX 9.0cSB Audigy 2Large dedicated HDD partition (7200) with hundreds of GB unused. If you can suggest a solution I'd be grateful. John

Supporter.png

John

The range of different tweaks, odd windows behaviors and other interesting anomalies that come with getting the best performance out of FS is a daunting task and takes years to figure out. About 3 years into it, I got smart; I started using FS-GS! Even more so when I ventured into making my own commercial products for FS. They turned a mediocre computer of mine into an FS monster.www.fs-gs.comI'm not suggesting here that PMDG sucks the life out of FS, cause it doesn't. They are the smartest company I know of when it comes to behind the scenes texture and model settings that allow for the best performance, while not sacrificing realism. I'm only suggesting that like every 3 year old child, each computer somehow has a mind of it's own, cops an attitude, and at times just doesn't like being told what to do (aka, run certain programs). With a default environment (no tweaks, no extra stuff going on like FSautostart) and based on your current computer configuration, I'd say you're getting the typical performance based on the cumulative factors.You can get double out of your machine what you're getting now, but not by conventional methods. This guy says it better than I ever could.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=135159&page=Give FSGS a write and have a chat with them.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Thanks, Chris.I'm on the road this week and won't be able to check out FSGS until next weekend at the earliest. It sounds good, almost too good. I've run into trouble trying to hot-rod my PC in the past, so you'll forgive a little scepticism I hope. At least with XP I can mark a reset point and get back to that if things go awry. In theory at least. What the heck! I'll give it a whirl.John

Supporter.png

John

I was in your exact same position, if not worse. It got to the point where I didn't know where else to turn, so I gave this a shot. Even after spending 3 G's on a computer, I was unsatisfied. Needless to say, 80 bux solved ALL my problems!

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack