Sign in to follow this  
--Randy--

Manual for 1900D??

I am new to VA's so excuse me if this is a stupid question. I have had the 1900D for over a week now and I love it.....except for the AutoPilot....I just can not figure it out.I have looked everywhere in your install files and on your website for a manual on this plane and it's avionics and I can find none.....am I looking in the wrong place or is there none?Thanks for any help on this. Randy Hemm

Randy

Go 'Start'/Program Files/Microsoft Games/PMDG Simulations/ B1900D Flight Manuals.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks.....I found that (so called) manual. It looks more like a spec sheet than a manual. I am trying to find out how to operate the AutoPilot...but there is nothing in the, so called, Manual about that.Any idea where I can find info on the GPS and Autopilot operation???Thanks.

Randy

The AP works basically the same as the King Air AP. Flick the NAV/GPS switch to GPS under the heading display gauge. Then engage the AP (top-left button I think) and click NAV on the AP panel -- the plane will follow the course programmed into Flight Sim's GPS. The AP buttons can be hard to read -- but I think you can mouse over them to see what they do.The 1900D is a great prop to fly, hope you like it.

Hey thanks Dan. It really is fun to fly. I love it.The only problem is that I am very new to VA's and not familiar with how an AP works and I have searched all over to try and find some info on the buttons and what they do...exactly. I have been unable to find anything. I just purchased your 737/600....which will be a big challenge for me and have printed out the BIG manual for that....I am hoping I will learn a lot from it.Thanks for some great planes......just short on the documentation for the 1900D.

Randy

Guest Nik_1977

Hiya! I have had problems with this kind of thing before as well.There are some good resources though. Have a look through the fsx / fs2004 manual and training centre.I had printed off all the manuals and ground school etc (quite a lot!) from my old FS2002 and learnt a lot from those. in addition to that, I know that some of the GPS manufacturers and autopilot manufacturers have manuals from the real things you can download on line, and those are a great help! I think on the spec page for the 1900D (on the PMDG site) they give the maker of the autopilot so perhaps google on that?Once you have it figured though, Autopilots are all very similar.Anyways, have fun with it! I bought the 1900C last night and cant wait to start flying it!Nikki

NikkiThanks for the info. I looked around for the spec page you mentioned on the PMDG site and I am not finding it.....the one that mentions the manufacturer of the AutoPilot.....but I will try and Google some Mfgrs and see what I can find that is close. I just want to find out the simple things like...what does the FD button do...and what does the NAV button do? I don't seem to ever use it?I find it very irritating that people like PMDG spend months or years working on a great plane program and then don't give you any info on how to fly it......they just assume you know everything about it. At the very least give us links to the real things that are modeled in the simulation.....so we can find out how that works. Oh well.....enjoy the 1900C....I know you will.

Randy

Guest Nik_1977

I'll have a dig around tonight and let you know what i find.Nikki

Guest Nik_1977

Have a look here" http://www.aeroworx.com/downloads.htmlX-treme King Air B200 v.2.0.1 - Pilot's Operating Handbook-------------------------------------------------------------------A comprehensive Pilots Operating Handbook (POH) covering all aspects of the B200. Here you will find the required checklists, normal procedures, abnormal procedures, limitations and all required information necessary to fly this aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator 9. (To be used with the Aeroworx B200 only.) " 1st download. A pilots handbook for a different aircraft, BUT it seems that the Autopilot used in the B1900D is the same one used on this B200 aircraft.A google search reveals that this document apparently has a really good guide on the Collins APS-65 Autopilot system which both aircraft use.Worth a look if it lets you view the documentation and is allowed as I noticed that they state "To be used with the Aeroworx B200 only.)" Disclaimer from me ...... If it says you are not allowed to view it unless you have bought their product, then you really should not continue viewing the document as they have spent many many hours (like the fine people of pmdg) making this aircraft and manuals for our enjoyment and should be rewarded for doing so.

Nikki......thanks a bunch for the KingAir 200 link.....NOW that's how to do a manual.....that is if I had looked at it...ha. I will probably go ahead and buy the plane, just because of the superb work they did with the manual and the training flights....oh yea the plane looks very nice also. Thanks again Nikki.

Randy