Sign in to follow this  
georgetyrrell

Vc doesn't like my Pc

Greetings to all,I'm investigating a problem that I am having with all of my PMDG products as a whole. I possess the NG 800/900 the Queen and the Freighter. These aircraft are wonderful specimens of what the FS world is all about however I am having a specific problem with the VC in all products. When I run the NG in the virtual cockpit configuration the frames drop to 5-7 in both vc mode and spot view. When in 2d its a dream, no problems at all. When I run the NG in 2d panel only mode, no matter what textures I use DXT3 or 32 bit its runs like a movie, smooth as silk, as does my sim as a whole with any other aircraft. On the Queen front the 2d panel runs to about 17-19 but Vc and spot mode are 12-14 with heavy sttuttering and long panel and aircraft texture loads. Its not as horrific as the NG.Its an unusual problem and I can't understand how it runs so well with 2d only. Add ons I use are GEpro FSGlobal, Activesky, Real EnvPro. Its Fs9 I'm talking about and my pc contains an ATI x850 pro with a Pentium 4HT and a gig of ram. Its not out of this world but I would have expected it to run well. If anybody has any ideas or information about how the VC reacts with any of the above addons, or if you have any suggestions of things that I can change/disable I'd be very delighted to hear them. Thanking you in advanceGeorge Tyrrell

You can try lowering the frame rate refresh in VC mode. Lower = better frame rates. The trade off though is less fluid gauges.Al Stiff

Yes, that is what I mean.What are your PC Specs?

Hey Al,Well I've the Pentium P4 Ht processor, ATI x850 pro card, 1 gig of Ram, really crappy motherboard that doesn't seem to exist anymore, Windows xp home, and I use Eset Nod anti virus which is the best around IMO. I run a 19 inch CRT monitor , its a monster at 1280x1024, I use fsautostart to stop all non essential services and thats after I've loaded my hardware profile which has bare bones on it.I regularly defrag with UltimateDefrag and keep my PC regularly scanned for spyware and virus/trojan/wormy stuff. And it really is only this aircraft in the VC mode only. Otherwise my sim runs a steady 29fps with all the important things on high settings except trade offs like no ground shadows, water off etc.I needless to say have latest drivers reinstalled the proper way and I use the latest version of fsuipc not registered. George

Guest flightgamer

you know, i cant run the 744 VC very fast at all..... i mean, it is a 3D rendered cockpit..... it is very hard to generate.... i recommend1) turning down your World Settings2) use DXT3 Textures, they look virtually the same as the 32Bit....3) save for a new computer4) uninstall your Vid-card/Motherboard drivers and reinstall the new ones....Sorry, hard to build VC :(Wish you the best.... your not alone ;)

Yeah, the upgrade is not very far away at all now, yes I do use everything in DXT3 on all aircraft, even going so far as to convert VC textures to DXT1 sometimes. Thanks for you comiserations anyway!George

Guest flightgamer

Well, sadly, the VC is a much more taxing way of controlling your favorite aircraft, and therefore, is much harder to render.... Sorry, the VC is just plain hard to run :(Updates help alot.... Should be out soon i would think