Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Throttle control keys (F1-F4) not working properly

My throttle control keys are not working properly. When starting up FS9, on the PMDG 737 for example, the N1 value continues to advance slowly toward 50% and the F1 key does not close the throttle. When landing, the F2 key does not cause the reversers to engage. I have checked items such as FSUIPC, recalibrated my joystick, etc., but the effect does not go away.Any help would be appreciated. A quick search of the forum did not identify anything.Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest Thomas2804

Hello,I have the same problem as you, but I never found any solutions.When my throttles are in the position 0% on my joystick, my throttles are about in 50% of N1 in FS.Moreover my throttles almost never work with F2.Bye.Thomas Schmitt.

I had funky problems like that too. For the throttles not matching your joystick look at the sensitivities and null zones. Not all of mine were the same causing the half throttle problem. For the Function keys not working I had my Track IR "steal" my some of them so they wouldn't do their function in FS. I have only had this happen once and I'm not sure why. I just shut off the TrackIR software and restarted it and it worked fine. You may have another program that uses those keys conflicting with FS. Hope this helps.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest AJ

Sounds like a calibration problem. Do you have the payware version of FSUIPC? It is very good for fixing this kind of issue.Andrew

Yes, I have the payware version of FSUIPC. But, I am not quite certain how to properly use it for calibration. I have read the instructions but am never certain if I am doing it correctly.Thanks.

Guest spacky

Hi everyone,Just got the PMDG 737NG package installed.Got both the 600/700 and the 800/900 series.I am having a throttle problem with at the moment, not quite the same, but does fall into the topic of throttle problems I guess.OK,When every I start up in FS9 with any variant, the throttles go to min and then right up to maximum, with no Autopilot, FD or Auto throttle settings inputs, just goes there straight away?? I cannot move the throttles with F1-F4 keys, nor grab them with the mouse, and they dont respond to my throttle input at all!!Here is what is on or what I can see on the EICAS/PFD1. throttle to min then straight to max on both.2. the N1 settings are at approx 96%, and is in TO mode (both in green)3. Nothing except cutting fuel, via master switches, will stop or control the throttles.4. No MCP settings are on when this happens, the just go nuts and on to Max thrust.I use FS9, got the service updates for the 800/900 series, with a thrustmaster Hotas cougar throttle and joystick with current updates to its software.Help please, or it seems to be a waste of money, on what promised to be a fantastic sim.CheersSean

You might want to post your problem as a new post. Sometimes the older ones, such as mine, tend to get ignored by the user network.It sounds like our problems could have the same root.Good luck.