Sign in to follow this  

Realistic Traffic

Ok, I need to know if its possible to make the amount of traffic at any givin airport up to a realistic amount. I am at Philadelphia airport a lot, mostly in the mornings around 8:00 am. Now, in the game, there is traffic, but I am usually Number 1 or 2 to take off. In real life, 8:00 am is busy hour at Philly, and you wait at least 20 minutes to take off. I have the traffic setting at 100%, but still I get very sparse traffic. Can anyone help me out?My second question is how can I make the traffic (and ATC for that matter) a little smarter. Sometimes planes just kinda sit in front of the runway and don't do anything, so I end up having to go around the plane in order to align myself on the runway. The ATC is also a bit dense. I'll be on final in a 767, and the tower will clear a Learjet to take off the same runway. So I end up going around (which isn't the easiest thing to do in a big jet) and I have to do my approach all over again, and it really is pain. Another idea would be to have the ATC use more then one runway at the airport. Chicago has 8 runways they can use, but they only use 1. It's really bad.And finally, not related to traffic or ATC at all, I was wondering if there were any professional quality Pilatus PC-12s around (I don't mind paying for anything), thanks a lot.Pete

Guest H_Kev55

If you want to jazz up your airport traffic, you should install Project AI and all it's files. You can also use yRoute or AITM to add even more flights in and out of your favorite airport. With these programs you can have tons of traffic without the hassle of having to load your a/c as AI and writing indiviual flight plans for all of them.Kev

You will also need AFCAD files to give more gates.I got KPHL packed with USairways (PAI planes only) and Iam getting decent performance.I use WorldAI flight planes from ian webber.It gives me a good balance of flights.you can get plenty of afcad files + the afcad installer in the avsim library and PAI is at http://www.projectai.com/Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest Joshieca

You can "jazz" it up all you want but you wont be able to fly with it. Your frame rates will go down to like 2 or 3. Most airports in the FS world will only handle 15% of the traffic they can handle in real life (until you edit them). If you edit your airports with AFCAD and add your own planes and flight plans you can get it close to the real thing. But then your frame rates will suffer big time. Also you will never be able to duplicate the flights of your real airport 100%. In the real world there are too many variables that the sims dont (yet) take into consideration....weather, flow control, etc.My suggestion to you (and anyone else) is to FIRST backup your files before you edit anything. And SECOND learn how to add planes, flights, airport changes, etc., by hand before you try an auto installer. If you know how to do these tasks by hand, manualy, then you will be able to fix them should an auto installer screw them up.[div align=center][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Weather Image of the Day!

OK, I got ProjectAI, toyed around with the traffic files, and now there are no more empty airports during rush hour. It's definatly a much more enjoyable experience. Thanks all.