Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

PMDG 744 Taxi light change possible?

Good Day,Just discovered something new from a fellow SQ 744 captain.He told me that the taxi and runway turnoff lights actually go off as soon as the main gear leaves ground. And back on when the main gear touches again. Because taxi and runway turnoff lights are connected to the 744's air/ground logic!Only the lights will go off and the switches will stay in the ON position until the pilots switch the switches to OFF.Is it possible for PMDG to edit the 744 file and make this possible?Im thinking it should not be impossible because already now the Autobrake switch is modeled to go to OFF automatically right after main gear leaves ground.Now this has been a change i have wanted to see since the release of the 744. It is a main visual difference that 744's have. Because some have Only Runway turnoff lights and others Runway turnoff lights AND Taxi lights. This has nothing to do with the age of a 744 and production date but bases on the options airlines choose for their 744'S. For example check BA pic. on all their 744's thay have only runway turnoff lights and compared to Jade Cargo which has runway turnoff lights and taxi lights so 2 bulbs compared to 4. Could PMDG please change this? and make it a airline option in our FS2004 PMDG 747-400 Menu? it would really be great! if possible And this really may sound a little bit picky but it really bothers me to fly a BA 744 with taxi lights when it real life it does not have them :(Check the pics to compare!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177112.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177113.jpgKeep the good work up PMDG :DYours Sincerely,Leonardo Calzoni

You mean nose gear lights off on takeoff and landing or the optional gear change?regards,Leonardo >Calzoni

The gear change would be very difficult as you would most likely need an entirely new aircraft model. As far as the lights going on an off automatically, I think it's also a carrier option because usually the taxi light goes off right before it's retracted and goes on after the gear locks in place. This is all if the switch is in the ON position of course. Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

>The gear change would be very difficult as you would most>likely need an entirely new aircraft model. As far as the>lights going on an off automatically, I think it's also a>carrier option because usually the taxi light goes off right>before it's retracted and goes on after the gear locks in>place. This is all if the switch is in the ON position of>course. >>Ryan Gamurot>Lucky to live Hawai'i>>http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.pngHey, well regarding the gear change, the winglet on-off option does not require a new model so why would removing the two taxi light bulbs be?And no it isnt a carrier option, every 744 has their taxi and runway turnoff lights connected to the 744's air/ground logic and the gear up/down light off/on logic is false and does not apply to the 744.Any comments from the PMDG team would be welcomeLeonardo Calzoni

Could someone please from the PMDG team tell me if a change is "possible"?don't wanna sound harsh but why do certain things like landing with the NAI ON and reversers being inactive then even if noticed never get changed with a update?Leonardo Calzoni

I'm not sure but I think the NAI being on resulting in inactive reverser's happens on the real aircraft. Someone would have to check me on this. But it makes sense because the air required for reverse would be running through the anti-ice systems. In most B744s today, they have a three-way switch with OFF, AUTO, and ON. If they use the AUTO selection for landing, NAI would automatically cut off to allow the reverser's to operate.This could be why, although this problem has been around for a while, it's never been fix. I may happen in real life to. But I'm not sure.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png