Sign in to follow this  
Guest ross744

PMDG 744 GPWS Callouts

Guest ross744

Hey All,Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to add and incorporate the callout "Approaching Decision Height" or "Approaching Minimums" onto the PMDG 747-400?I have always wanted to try and get the "App. DH" callout for the PMDG 744 as in real life!All suggestions are most appreciated :)Many Thanks,Ross

Hi Ross,The "Approaching Minimums" callout was not implemented in the FS9 747-400 as this is an optional feature some airlines install. I am happy to say the "Approaching Minimums" callout is available in the FSX version and also a customisable menu which allows you to choose which callouts are played back according to different airline options.Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

So, are you planning to make it available for the FS9 version as an addon?Please.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest ross744

Hi Armen,Thanks for the reply. Its great that you are including the options menu for different callouts! My computer isnt very fond of FSX (but will run it if it has to ;)), so as Dave asked, will there be an optional download/add-on for FS9 users to get the options?Thanks

>Hi Ross,>I am happy to say the "Approaching Minimums" callout>is available in the FSX version and also a customisable menu>which allows you to choose which callouts are played back>according to different airline options.How do I set up the call outs in my FSX version?Regards

Geoff Bryce

>How do I set up the call outs in my FSX version?OK I worked it out. After I installed the program, I looked at the PMDG menu and found the set up there. I was initially relying on the hardcopy Operators Manual supplied with the product before install.When I received my FSX version package, it had 2 hardcopy manuals with it:Operators manualFMC manual - not checked yet, but maybe the same issue.It is like who ever put the FSX package together, did not read the hardcopy manual compared to the FSX product. The Operators manual is very dodgy and seems to be mixed with 2004 and FSX and a lot of confusing conflicts. So, if you get the FSX package, ditch the operator manual, as it will confuse you. Use the downloaded operators manual when you install the Queen, as this is more up to date.

Geoff Bryce