Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightgamer

Whoops!!!!

Guest flightgamer

Well, i bought the 737NG and gladly installed it today, accept, i have one odd kawinky-dink... i go up the the "PMDG" drop down box on the "Alt" menu and mine has a PMDG 744 style layout.... also, there is no "style" drop down like i keep hearing on these forums... i own the 744, and i was wondering because i did not do a full, official uninstall of my PMDG 744, i just manually removed it from my folders... (big no no i know) so, in order to get the right drop down box, i should un-install my 737NG and reinstall them both, then uninstall my 744 if i feel necessary.....This is what my drop down looks like, its the same looking one as the PMDG 744.....4027575a251fa98c2055381cfe0ead29787591.jpg4027588b75b6cc468f79dc69f52f1891ac3dd2.jpgI thought i had seen the NG's settings window kinda like a windows classic look (98/2000) didnt it?Oh well, i would like to be advised what to do, thanks all...

OK, there is a simple solution for ya. Use PMDG Removal tool from their site, and then1) Install 737NG 600/700 v1.32) Install 737NG 800/900 (definitely a MUST "upgrade")3) Install 737NG 800/900 Service Update 14) Install your wanted liveries5) Install 737NG 800/900 Model Update6) Install any of your PMDG 747 Planes you have + UpdatesThis is a MUST sequence to get it working properly.Removing is a BIG NO. Use uninstall usually (or PMDG remover - removes everything of PMDG), but always ALWAYS install 737 first and then 747. Also see manually if there is PMDG leftovers after remover (like PMDG folder or aircraft).Follow this and you will be off in seconds :)Have fun!

PMDG remover does not uninstall anything related to the 744 unless it's something that happens to coincide with the 737's files...flightgamer, you need to sign your posts with your real name please per PMDG forum rules.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest flightgamer

Thanks Word Not Allowed, thanks Tabs....I have included my name in my Sig now, sorry :(:( darn, well, i was gonna get the 800/900 anyways for the Split EFIS capability since i fly 737-700 for SWA.... its a must, Thanks Guys:D

Kylan-If you download the 800/900 from our sever within the past two years- it does not require any patching. You always get the "most current" version when downloading....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com