Sign in to follow this  
Collins

Numerious VOR idents missing

Can anyone please tell me why I cannot get the LON VOR ident to display on the ND but have no trouble getting Brookmans Park (BPK) to display. See attached screen shot.The ND seems to pick random VOR idents to display. EG it displays Barkway (BKY) but not LAM, OCK or MID, only the frequencys and distance are displayed. I also only get the VOR needles showing when I am tuned to a VOR showing an ident.I don't just get the problem in England the SFO VOR ident doesn't display, neither does the direction needle.I have had a good look into the forum but can't seem to find any answer.Best regards,Jon Edgar

Jon-have you recently updated your NAVData?Also- have you recently switched to using FSInn or a similar addon which might mess with the radio frequencies?Give us a bit more information on what's changed lately that might seem suspicious.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thank you for the quick reply Lefteris.I don't have FSInn installed.I have AIRAC cycle 708 from Navigraph updated from cycle 705. I had the same problem with 705. I also have a sid/star update for EGLL from Navdata. I don't have any sid/star update for KSFO.I don't believe I have any other addons that would interfere with radio frequencies. I have tried a complete reinstall of the Queen to no avail.It might help you to know that if I tune the the LON VOR in your 737 NG it displays on the ND. See attached pic.Best regards,Jon Edgar

Hi JonSince the VOR's that you mention are close to where I live I thought I would try and reproduce your problem.I am in the 747. These are my findings.Have tuned LON into VOR 1 radio at crs 100 and BKP on course 100 on VOR 2 radio1. I was on the ground at EGSS and LON did not show up on the PFD but BKY did. exactly as your first screenshot shows.2. On the ground at EGKK and same result as above.3. On the ground at EGLL and both VORS showed as they should on the PFD.4, Went back to EGSS and back to same situation, so set up for a take off, and when I was in the air at around 2500 ft then both VORS showd up as they should on PFD. So before mnaking any changes to your system I would recommend that you ignore this problem until you get in the air at say 3000ft and see if it still is a problem. I cannot tell from your first screenshot if you are airborne or not but as the FD and Autothrottle switches are off i would guess you are on the ground. If you want me to test anything for you just tell me what situation you are using and I will try and reproduce it.best regardsJohn Calleja (BAW352)

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

If it works on the NG but not on the 747, then I am suspecting another addon in FS9 that is causing the same issue that FSInn would cause by interfering with the radios.Please list your addons here so we can help further.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

FS9 hides VORs that are further than just a couple of miles until you are in the air a couple of thousand feet. This is intended, I think, to duplicate the same thing that happens in real world but they really botched it up (As real as they can get it).Similar problem with VOR reception at a distance, they cut them off much closer than real world reception ranges at jet altitudes.

Dan Downs KCRP

John,Lefteris,Dan, thank you for taking the time to help me and test this problem out. Lefteris is correct it was an addon I had interfering with the navaids. I decided to have a spring clean of fs9 and start with a clean sheet (it was taking an age to start and I didn't fly many of the aircraft I had loaded). As you can see from the screen shot everything is now operating as it should. I have loaded most of my addons I use regularly back on so haven't found the culpret yet. I will post again in this thread if I do, it could help the people with missing vor needles.Dan, as you can see the LON vor is showing at 1.4 dme so fs9 is behaving itself today.Thank you all again, I find the flight sim community a very supportive and friendly group of people. I hope to return the favor sometime.Best regards,Jon Edgar

Guys, somehow I have managed to put my reply in the middle of this thread, please have a look.Cheers, Jon