Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

Airport Chart Viewer V1.2 Works NOW!!!!!!!

Just to let everyone know. Airport Chart Viewer works now. At least it works on my Windows 98 machine. I haven't tried it yet on my new Windows Xp machine yet. I just wanted to let everyone know that Manuel Ambulo has put updates for all his programs at "the other site". Go get them. I can't say if the other updates work or not since I only downloaded the chart viewer. It looks to be a worthwhile program to have. I will come back with my findings on Xp as soon as I check it out.I just checked on my Windows Xp machine and I still have a problem there. I get a Run-Time Error '9' as the program is building the database.I will e-mail Manuel with my findings and hopefully he will come up with a fix for Xp systems.maxsdad

Guest ucanfly

Great thanks for the tip. For some reason that ftp site doesn't want to work for me though, it just sits there at 0 kbps. I've downloaded other things from Flightsim since then but that one file doesn't. Weird - and .... it figures don't it.:-mad

I have installed Airport Viewer on XP system and it works fine. No errors. However I run Flightsim in Full screen and Airport Viewer, it appears, can only be used in window screen. Otherwise I have to flip back and forth between programs. Is there a way to make use of this program in full screen? Also wrongly expected to get ILS rnwy Nav1 numbers from Airport Viewer. So, as is, it is of limited use. Maybe I'm missing something. Wouldn't be the first time

Hatrick,I'm glad it works with your WinXp setup. Gives me hope. I use the windowed option and hide the menu bar so I can easily get to other things if I need to(FSMeteo, FSD, ETC) I find no real difference in performance between the two so I use the more convienent window option. I don't know why the viewer doesn't work for me with Xp, but I have been in contact with Manuel and sent him some of my files that he requested so hopefully he will come up with a solution for me. He says that I am not the only person that is having a problem. If you would, please contact him so he will have someone who's setup works to possibly compare files with.As far as it's use. I will use it mostly for the taxiways since none of the airports have taxiway signs. I have downloaded some of the taxiway signs that the guys at "taxiway signs" are making but they will never be able to do all the airports. At least with this program I can get that information for every airport that has taxiways no matter how large or small and print it out(using a screen capture program). That's why I love it. Thanksmaxsdad

Maxsdad, When you say you use the windowed option does the Flightsim fill the screen? Or is there some parts of Windows showing. How do you take that option. How do you "hide" task bar. I run S-Combo and have to start it / open Flightsim / Minimize FS and "connect" S-Combo so it would be convenient to have things as you do. But once in FS I don't want to see anything else on the screen. Don't know if this changes things but I do run FS2K2 in Windows 98 "compatability" since a few of the panels & planes I use cause my XP to crash. However I'm initially in XP when I start Chart Viewer and it runs fine.

Hatrick,That fact of your being in 98 compatability mode may mean something. I have used aircraft from FS2k and had no problem. Panels, yes, so I try to use only FS2k2 panels.The way to use FS2k2 in windowed mode is to be in full screen, press Alt+Enter and you will be in windowed mode. Then right click anywhere on your screen(not on the border or menu) and click on "hide menu bar". Now any time you want the menu, all you have to do is tap your "Alt" key and the menu bar will appear. It will automaticaly disappear after you use a function or tap the "Alt" key again. You can also hide the "task bar" by right clicking on it, click on "properties" and click "auto hide taskbar". Any time you want the taskbar after that, just move your cursor over where it should be and it will appear. It will disappear as soon as you move the cursor off of it. Now, make sure your FS screen is in the adjustable mode(single box in the upper right corner between the - and the x), if it does not fill the screen you can drag the edges to make it fill the screen and cover your entire desk top. Now you will have a screen that is almost the same size as the full screen but with the ability to minimize it, open a minumized program(S-Combo),resize it to use some of the screen for something else, ETC.Try it, I think you will find it very easy to use that way. You will have to save your startup flight in this mode for FS2k2 to remember it.maxsdad