Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Klaxon warning

Can anyone tell me where the sound file for the PMDG klaxon is (e.g., the sound that starts if you push full throttle at the start of taxiing). I would dearly love to be able to shut it off, or at least edit it to quieten it down somewhat, but I cannot locate the file anywhere. I can only guess that it is hard-coded into a gauge or similar..The klaxon seems to have a mind of its own, at least in my setup, and once it starts, continues screaming at me no matter what I do: minimising FS to the task bar the only way to shut it up. Realism is fine, (though surely in the real 737 there's some way to turn the klaxon off?!), but this is driving me nuts. Advice appreciated. Thanks.Martin

Martin-Sorry, I don't have the code answer, however, I am curious as to why you would want to. The only time I have heard this warning, is when I was about to do something unsafe and downright dangerous. Otherwise, I never am bothered by it. I imagine that is the intent.The most common occurance I recollect is when I had the throttles left somewhere other than idle and loaded the 737 situation. That and advancing throttles without proper flap selection would be two situations where that would occur.Unfortunately, I uninstalled the 737 and stick to the 744 currently so I cannot play with it and determine another course of action.Full throttle to begin taxi is unadvised- this and the 744 platform, is a faithful replication of the aircraft, and as such requires appropriate systems management. Regardless, I would advise silencing the klaxon with CORRECTIVE ACTION!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

"I would advise silencing the klaxon with CORRECTIVE ACTION" ...I knew someone would say that :-) I should have explained more. I often get the klaxon sounding for no discernible reason at all - nothing showing on the yellow fault panel for instance, and everything on the overhead panel looking fine. Sometimes a flight starts up with the klaxon sounding, and I can do nothing to stop it. As I say, it drives me mad and I just have to restart FS9. I've had the PMDG 737s since they came out, so don't think I am doing anything silly here, and even if I were I would I think be familiar enough now with the PMDG systems to know what was wrong.But even so, the sound is in any case much too loud compared to everything else - and switching off the sound with 'Q' doesn't stop it either. If I could find the file I could at least edit the volume down to a more realistic level (instead of inanely yelling at it to "shut the ***** up!"...Martin :-)

By the way "Full throttle to begin taxi is unadvised". Ooops, I was just quoting that to identify the klaxon sound I meant. I certainly don't start taxiing with throttle full open! M. :-)

Guest Tom C.

One thing I noticed on my fs is that the spoilers almost always seem to be armed on starting the sim.Make sure thats not your problem other than whats already mentioned.

Guest Rachet

Hallo all,I`ve only been playing FS for 4 wks and i bought Pmdg`s 747 on Thurs.Last night i was descending from fl300 and this almighty obnoxious grating sound appeared and wouldn`t go away.If this is the Klaxon racket then they seriously want to reduce it as when i tried again,the same thing happened and i ended up buying a new SB sound card (latest drivers) and speakers this morning.Sure enough,that wasn`t it and now i`m here seeking answers.This was a clean install of FS2004,pmdg`s747,ASv6.5,FSUIP3.7 (registered) and fspassengers only,all legit and it`s at it again tonight.PPl make mistakes,we are not all instant pilots and i`m sure that`s not a Rl sound used as it`ll surel`y be heard by every passenger on the plane (and 30,000ft below).The racket i`m hearing doe`sn`t sound like any warning sound i`ve heard so i`m thinking that whatever Martin`s hearing,my sound cards interpreting it as pure noise,the 2 sound linked somehow as i do get a yellow warning sign showing.Any help would be really appreciated as i really don`t want to bin this plane.Thanks.Paul Calvert.

Guest Rachet

>Hallo all,>>I`ve only been playing FS for 4 wks and i bought Pmdg`s 747 on>Thurs.Last night i was descending from fl300 and this almighty>obnoxious grating sound appeared and wouldn`t go away.>>If this is the Klaxon racket then they seriously want to>reduce it as when i tried again,the same thing happened and i>ended up buying a new SB sound card (latest drivers) and>speakers this morning.Sure enough,that wasn`t it and now i`m>here seeking answers.>>This was a clean install of FS2004,pmdg`s747,ASv6.5,FSUIP3.7>(registered) and fspassengers only,all legit and it`s at it>again tonight.>>PPl make mistakes,we are not all instant pilots and i`m sure>that`s not a Rl sound used as it`ll surel`y be heard by every>passenger on the plane (and 30,000ft below).>>The racket i`m hearing doe`sn`t sound like any warning sound>i`ve heard so i`m thinking that whatever Martin`s hearing,my>sound cards interpreting it as pure noise,the 2 sound linked>somehow as i do get a yellow warning sign showing.>>Any help would be really appreciated as i really don`t want to>bin this plane.>>Thanks.>Paul Calvert.>UPDATE:While not sorting the noise out,i`ve found out how to descend when ATC changes my heading/Alt for the ILS approach without setting the alarm off.I hadn`t set the `ACT` runway in DEPT/ARR in the fMC and not used the `FL CHANGE` on the consul and so was doing it all manually.Being able to sit back,near enough,and watch and listen through the descent and auto landing at night in this bird for the first time,and with my new speakers with bass...makes me appreciate just how much has gone into making this beauty,it was breathtaking...and to think i was ready to bin it (shudders).