Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

01SEP07: So What Happens Next? (Repost)

Excellent! Thanks PMDG! Well said.I feel vindicated when a respected developer such as PMDG states and admits the truth - there are a great many of us staying with FS9.Tim

Guest pilot55

Hi JanYeah, I too would love a 777, to the standard that only PMDG can achieve. The only reason I suggested a 737 classic is that at least some of the work will already be done with the 737NG V2, eg parts of the external model could be used and I'm sure a certain percentage of the systems coding could also be reused. This would result in another new toy for us, but in a quicker timeframe.There is a good 737 classic out there and I enjoy flying it very much, I would just love one done to PMDG quality.Happy flying.CheersNiall

>And i have to ask again: Will PMDG include wing views in the>virtual cockpit of the MD-11 for FS9?>>Regards>JanNo, the same limitation that caused us to not have them in the FS9 744 also applies to the MD-11. They'll be there in the FSX version by way of the new camera system. I know that's not what you want to hear, but we're gonna pick a detailed cockpit over passenger simming every time. As with the 744, the wingtips on the MD-11 are barely visible from the cockpit anyway, even with neck craining.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest FrancoisH

Another question for me !If you'll release both 747-400 and -400F into the same package for FSX, do you plan any change for the 747 for FS2004 ? I mean... will you release a single package for FS2004 as well ?I ask that because now my father is going into flight simulation, I'll have to buy a second copy of this plane for him and if you plan of changing your policy, I wish to know about it before ;)Thank you for your answer.

hmmm bit of a surpise! from reading the previous updates from Robert i thought the decision was pretty much final that the MD-11 would not be FS9 compatible. Nice to see that that stance has changed, i wont need to shell out for a new PC :)Although does this not raise considerable issues with regards to FSX and future PMDG products? I cant remember an FS release that got so much negativity within the flight sim community. Usually i would be first in line to get my hands on a new FS but with so much change happening with regards to operating systems and directx i found FSX's release date to be a bit bizarre. Why not wait until the new iteration of OS, graphical and processor improvements stabilise before releasing such a performance draining program.Anywho ill be waiting eagerly for the MD-11 cheers PMDG! :)

Guest FrancoisH

>Francois,>>No plans to change the FS9 products.Roger so next month I'll take the 747 ;) Thank you.

Good day simmers.And again this FS9 decision on the MD-11 is a fantastic one, to say the least. I am one of those who was all worked up about the FSX only MD-11. But there is a god.So I'm in the process of gearing up for the MD-11, getting the ITVV DVD and what not.I have one question; Will the MD-11 use the same database for flight plans (coroute) in it's FMC, as the 747-400 ?? So we can just copy from the 744 folder into the MD-11 folder.Thanks in advance.PMDG ROCK'sGolli.

Guest WEA-JHD

>No, the same limitation that caused us to not have them in the>FS9 744 also applies to the MD-11. They'll be there in the>FSX version by way of the new camera system. I know that's>not what you want to hear, but we're gonna pick a detailed>cockpit over passenger simming every time. As with the 744,>the wingtips on the MD-11 are barely visible from the cockpit>anyway, even with neck craining.>Thanks for clearing it up and it's no big deal for me, i'll only use walk and follow and it's all fixed anyway. I fully agree with your decision to give a functional cockpit the first priority.RegardsJan

I kinda think some here are being too rash in their replies about the announcement. I was very critical of PMDG's decision not to release the FS9 version and made it very obvious in my posts on the net. Having said that, I believe a lot needs to be said about their decision to reevaluate the release of FS9 products that we have screamed from rooftops mattered so much to us. Obviously they listened to us and that is important, nor can it be overstated.Most of all, I'm not so sure why you're upset about the post. PMDG stated it wasn't a product release. If the announcement were simply a minor progress update, then I could understand some irritation, but this was a big development to those of us who really wanted more FS9 products. I'm grateful for this news and will be thanking them with my wallet when the new products hit the street. The announcment wasn't hype, rather a reversal. Please allow us who value this positive information the ability to receive it and try to refrain from posting such critical opinions. I still don't get the whole "detraction" nonsense either. If one developer makes a great add on, then no announcement from another developer is gonna prevent me from buying both. All good add ons, whether they be the same plane or not, have pros and cons to the end user. This is a free market, no one is forcing you to choose one over another.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest lalo lolo1

This is so cool. I was so mad when I learned the "going to be freeware for FS9" Bill Grabowski MD11 panel was hijacked by PMDG and not being released for FS2004 that I felt I was never going to buy anything else from these guys again. I feel like forgiving now, lol.Anyway I feel I will have to get these FS9 babies when they are released. Fortunately everyone in the FS community are realizing that FSUX was made for not yet developed technology, or at least not buyable by the normal person. It's almost a whole year since FSUX was released and most serious simmers keep using FS9, because of its performance and because of its addons, and when I say most, it's way more than 50%.Good for you PMDG. I will look forward to these releases now :).Leo

>This is so cool. I was so mad when I learned the "going to be>freeware for FS9" Bill Grabowski MD11 panel was hijacked by>PMDG and not being released for FS2004 that I felt I was never>going to buy anything else from these guys again.I'm glad you're happy with the decision to release for FS9, but I'm sure Bill and Michael would disagree with the notion that anything was "hijacked" from them. That's a pretty offensive characterization of what happened Leo...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

...Not to mention the fact that over the many--many years, he's given, probably almost everyone here, some of the best freeware panels ever produced. I think he's earned it, IMHO, but then again, I'm no expert either...lol

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Ryan:That comment about coroutes has me intrigued. Will the MD-11 reference the same NavData and CoRoutes, in the way that the 737 and 747 share the same dataset? I do hope so.I remember Robert commenting about major underlying changes from the 747 to MD-11. I hope it will not require separate NavData and routes- please advise.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper