Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

01SEP07: So What Happens Next? (Repost)

Guest Dave65

Great news,I know it will be worth the wait.

Guest Marc Harrington

(Please note - this is a repost of the original thread)Captains!During the past year, we have provided uncharacteristically little information about the projects underway at PMDG. With this announcement, I am going to shed some light with a few status updates and some new information that will, no doubt, excite a good many of you!First- lets address the transition between FS9 and FSX. Historically speaking, the transition to new version of Microsoft Flight Simulator has been a relatively seamless endeavor. A few updates might have been required to some of our favorite legacy products, but for the most part, forward compatibility wasn't difficult to accomplish. In recent years as our flight simming hardware has become more complex, our community as a whole has hoped to see revolutionary changes in the FS platform, but instead been satisfied with evolutionary changes.The old addage: "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind with the arrival of FSX. With the arrival of FSX, the

PMDG Team,I really appreciate your decision to maintain a dual platform approach. Bravo I say!!!I wish I had the resources to buy a new platform, but my current 4 yo p42.6 runs everything I have very well ... Thanks!!!Best regards,Paul BenoitKAPV

PMDG Team,can you give us any news about 747X release?ThanksNick

Guest PHPJJ

Good thing. I would suggest not to put too many efforts in FSX. The product is no good, no performance. I expect we will have to wait until the next generation FSY (will be an improved FSX in a new shell). I own FSX + its SP1 and have it installed in a separate environment. This product is never going to fly for me. Period. I will stick to Fs9. I invested a lot in extra's for FS9.I recon that with the FS9 on the newest state of the art hardware I will have a FS environment the finaly is any gooed. FSX is far from that, and I doubt it will ever be it.

Guest ev_viper

Hello Jhan,I'm happy to hear you are one of the FSX users who are happy with it's performance and stuff. You probably have the hardware to run this simulator on with decent framerates, and have probably (re)spend your dollars on addons you already got for FS9 and were re-issued for FSX. I know I'm making a whild guess here, but I do not like buying stuff twice, that's all.Why upgrading to a new sim that adds virtually nothing new in terms of better aerodynamics, better atc, better environmental simulation, but nothing more than eyecandy and some improvements in the multy player department?Most of the FS community understand this, and stick to FS9.FS9 with great updates like ultimate terrain, ground environment and not to forget the great addons made by PMDG make a virtual world that has tons of joy in it. It really is not nessesary to stipulate people to upgreade to something they already have.Bravo to the PMDG team for understanding this need!The announcement to port the MD11 to FS9 is the best news I've heard for a long time!

Guest ToMy Li

I am right with your opinion... so I think FSX needs a SP3 or a maybe new much more powerful hardware, just like happend early FS9 was released.

Hi,The decision to make the future planes (especially the B737NG) FS9 compatible is a wise one.I have a superfast new computer, but frame rates and performance are still substandard in FSX.I use a single computer to run my home flightdeck with a lot of added FS hardware/software.I have both FS9 and FSX installed, but for any "serious flying" I prefer FS9 and sees FSX as a compliment for VFR flights only.True, the FSX "ground" and weather capabilities are a bit better, but this does in no way compensate for the lack of add-on scenery and the bad frame rate.With regard to scenery - the add-on airport scenery building standards we are used to from FS9 cannot be archieved yet in FSX and probably will not as there are essential features lacking in the FSX scenery compilers like ground layering.This for example prevents us from using ground layers like "stand information" on the aprons, smooth taxilines, own textures, overlayed textures like concrete stands over asphalt etc.All above features are essential for an old pilot like myself who likes to fly in and recreate a real-life airport environment.So - I will stick to FS9 with hopefully soon PMDG737 Ver 2 at least until FS11 can offer me a better sim.Best from SwedenBjorn HarlinSwedflight Design GroupScenery www.swedflight.comOur B737NG simulators at: http://web.telia.com/~u60405310/

Hello,I just want you to know, that your decision to make the MD-11 compatible with fs9 as well as with fsx, made me very happy. I have no plans to switch to fsx within the next one och two years (for obvious reasons), so this was very good news. Thanks!!!Krister RenardUppsala, Sweden

Guest ToMy Li

FSX looks like an "arcade" right now... Im still loving FS9 and all the great available stuff! With a Quad Core QX6800 + XFX 8800 GTX + Acceleration + 169.09 ForceWare drivers = not possible run smooth as FS9. Long life to FS9!

We'll be compatible with FS9.That does not mean we'll have all features of FSX put into the FS9 product. We've already found a few that are not "transferable". I will NOT give details right now (too premature), but suffice it to say that FSX offers some new features that cannot go back into FS9. You'll have to live with that.Hope you understand.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thank you so much PMDG, you are the only TRUE developer of aircraft.I can't wait for a real good A320. I know that you are the only ones that can make a good simulation.Thanks again.Matias