Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

AVSim FANCON and the NCAR in Reno....

Captains-AVSim FANCON '07================I thought I'd let you all know that PMDG will be attending the AVSim FANCON'07 event to be held in Seattle this coming November.Nearly the entire PMDG development team will be present to meet-and-greet, answer questions, and make general conversation. This will be the largest ever gathering of PMDG developers in one place at one time- and we are looking forward to seeing all of you there!During the course of the event, we will be making a presentation detailing the MD-11 and other topics which will be revealed at a later date. If you are on the fence about attending, we hope that we can convince you to come to Seattle, support AVSim and spend some time face to face with all of us as we enjoy your company!National Championship Air Races Social Gathering:=================================================As some of you know, warbird restoration is a passion of mine- and I manage a team that races at Reno in the National Championship Air Races.We have just finished a heavy restoration of an SNJ-6 (Navalized T-6, for those that don't know) that served with US Marines in VMF-155 in the Marshall Islands during WWII. This airplane has a unique connection with history in that she was attached to the same squadron as Major John Glenn, (the same later Astronaut and US Senator...) and was damaged in combat with Japanese forces. (Very unusual for an SNJ.)This airplane will be racing in the T-6 class this year, after placing 4th in the Silver Heat in 2006.This year's races are being held from 12SEP to 16SEP, and we will be on field beginning 07SEP at approximately 2PM. Unlike previous years, Microsoft is hosting two pavilions at the races, and a number of the FSX developers will be present at various times during the weekend.If any PMDG fans wish to stop by the pits and say hello, we invite you to do so. I will be present most all of the time- and I'm always glad to meet folks from this forum face-to-face. If we aren't too busy, we might be able to give you a private tour of the race airplane, take your picture with her, and show you the WWII era combat field repairs- and if things are REALLY quiet- we might even stick you in the cockpit for a photograph! At the very least- we'll give you a fan sticker just for showing up!(Disclaimer: We alternate between "not much going on" and "hyper-warp drive busy" very quickly- so if I'm unable to do anything other than shake hands and say hello- please just swing back later or hang around for a few moments! You are always welcome to stand around and watch, too- the work that goes into keeping an airplane race-worthy is pretty fascinating if you like airplanes!)The airplane will be located in the pits- in the T-6 section. Look for a blue airplane with a checkerboard nose and a big white #8 on the side. Call sign is "Race 8" and the airplane is listed in the program as "Grace 8." (Yes- we named her after my Golden Retriever... A play on the call sign and Gracie's name. ;-) )Come one, come all- and we'll point you over to our hangar where Microsoft will be hosting a pavilion you won't want to miss!Hope to see you there!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

A goodly contingent ot the Level-D Simulations team will also be there, Robert.Perhaps PMDG and Level-D can get together for a friendly game of water polo or darts at the hotel? ;)Looking forward to meeting you all.Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest AJ

Robert,Just curious? Does this mean that you will actually be flying the SNJ in the race, or does another pilot get that honor?Andrew

>A goodly contingent ot the Level-D Simulations team will also>be there, Robert.>>Perhaps PMDG and Level-D can get together for a friendly game>of water polo or darts at the hotel? ;)>>Looking forward to meeting you all.>>Daryl Shuttleworth>Level-D Simulations>Support & DocumentationWill be great to meet my Level-D counterpart!Andrew - no Robert isn't the race pilot, but he does fly the aircraft often.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Daryl-HEY! Now that's GREAT news!Looking forward to spending some time with you guys!First round is on Lefteris. :-p

Andrew-No- I'm not the jockey... But I do get the buggy whip him if he doesn't go fast enough. ;-)I manage the whole race team from soup-to-nuts...The original plan was for me to be the race pilot- but I have a little 1 year old girl- and little girls need their fathers. ;-)The additional risk that comes with being on the course just isn't something I felt should be taken, given her arrival into the world. Our pilot is a fellow named Ken Gotschall. Great fellow- and a good addition to the team!

>Will be great to meet my Level-D counterpart!>Maybe we can have a SUPPORT RACE? First one to respond to 10 support questions, wins.Course, we have to do the race after 10 drinks.Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Daryl,Will be a pleasure!! First one to guess what the customers name from the unsigned email, non related email account WINS!!! I'll bring the Captain (Morgan that is)RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Just pick on me, will ya? :-)Sadly, I won't be there this year, but assuming that all else goes well, I'd think that next year it might be hard to keep me away...(and the beer will then be on Markus) :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Rob, you forgot to mention the most important bits... AVSIM is sponsoring Grace 8 and that you owe me a bunch of drinks at the FANCON! :)Seriously, am looking forward to both events. AVSIM will have a presence at the races, and of course, we'll be like ticks on a blue hound at the FANCON.And, I look forward to telling the story of Rob flying a SAAB 340 (or was that a Beach 1900?) from KIAD to KCHO with yours truly as a passenger. A great story and one that shall appear in my book. Anyone who buys me a drink or a coffee during the FANCON gets to hear it! :-lol

Definitely a J41 if he was flying for ACA at the time. J41s and CRJs when I joined up. They ditched the J41s when they went to Independence Air. That was a great company to work for. Too bad the admin couldn't get it all figured out.Sounds like the Reno bit is going to be great. Too bad I probably won't be able to make it out there. I'll definitely be out there next year with my probable move out to AZ.Cheers,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

Somewhere in the Phoenix area, but Deer Valley would be ideal. Wherever I can get a decent rent and not break the bank.Any suggestions, Ryan? I take it you live in AZ?Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

Lived in Tucson for many years and then moved up to Phoenix (Scottsdale) back in May with my rock band, trying to get a bigger audience up here.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com