Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

747-400/F Version 2

Same here. Since the developers took the time to implement a realistic IRS, the least I can do is wait 10min! Joe

And that interface is something I would happily pay big $$$ for :-) Gary

Oh dear, I feel like I'm a fraud! I have it set to 1 min ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>>Remember how everyone begged for an IRS simulation after we>released the NG as if it was the most critical component of>the airplane? We did it in the 744, and I very seriously>doubt most of our users sit there for the full align time or>even give it a second thought - it's just another checklist>item. I have it set to Instant myself hehe...I also sit out the whole alignment time...there are lot of things to do, as some have pointed out. And FS2Crew makes all the difference."Send someone over, as long it is'nt Steven Spielberg" }( My cheating is performed in the cruise portion of flights, by way of 4x and 8x. I can't stand the idea of sitting out those medium to laung haul cruise sections of flights.x( Golli.

lasnubes(thread starter)wrote:"While surveying for virtual airline membership, could I impose on you to conduct another survey- one to see if such an update, priced at $75-$100, would be something that your customers would support? I would like to think it would be popular, but am enough of a realist to know that you would need more than my pie in the sky."I have no reservations about the immersion/learning curve quality of the MD-11, when she gets released. Concluding from what PMDG have talked about. So the above price tag seams reasonable. Because we get both Pax and F versions of it.I wrote Mr. Randazzo, some c.a. 18 months ago and asked for a boxed edition of the 747-400F. They opted for keeping it in downloadable purchase option only. I seriously hope that when the Queen gets released and boxed for FSX that the FS9 744F edition goes in the box to (Aerosoft have been unable to answer that question). I would buy it in a heartbeat, even though I currently have the Boxed 747-400 for FS9. Meaning I would be buying the Pax version again!! And never even using the FSX version of it. And again, the above price tag is something I'd have to shell out for.They just make that #### good simulations.Golli.

>Remember how everyone begged for an IRS simulation after we>released the NG as if it was the most critical component of>the airplane? We did it in the 744, and I very seriously>doubt most of our users sit there for the full align time or>even give it a second thought - it's just another checklist>item. I have it set to Instant myself hehe...It's not only the alignment that is important. With a simulated IRS system we have the possibility to fail various components of that system, which makes system simulation much more interesting. There are 7 alert messages for the IRU on the MD-11, wouldn't be quite the same without those now would it? ;-)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>There are 7 alert messages for the IRU on the MD-11, wouldn't>be quite the same without those now would it? ;-)>>Regards,>MarkusWow, 7 messages? What would those be?Here are my guesses: Fully working, semi working, kind of working, somewhat working, not really working, breaking, you're screwed.

>My cheating is performed in the cruise portion of flights, by>way of 4x and 8x. I can't stand the idea of sitting out those>medium to laung haul cruise sections of flights.x( Well, I guess I fall under the dork category again. Whatever flight I fly, whether it be Concorde from Heathrow to JFK or the Queen from Sydney to LAX (not planning to do that one again any time soon), I always let FS fly in real time. I'm just not there for part of the flight. :(Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

>Wow, 7 messages? What would those be?>>Here are my guesses: Fully working, semi working, kind of>working, somewhat working, not really working, breaking,>you're screwed.(insert 1, AUX or 2 for the x)IRU x FAILIRU has failed -> breakingIRU x NAV FAILNAV function of the IRU has failed, ATT data available -> kind of workingIRU x NO ALIGNAlignment failure -> semi workingIRU x ON BATIRU is on it's battery power only after loss of AC power -> you're screwedIRU BAT LOOne or more IRU batteries are not fully charged -> fully workingIRU OFFOne or more IRU is turned OFF inflight -> somewhat workingIRU IN ALIGNin alignment mode -> fully workingLast time I checked all of those were modeled in the PMDG MD-11 :)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard