Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Your products in FS9 vs FSX

This question has to some degree been brougth up before but I haven't really found a definite answer.Since I have a lot of money invested in add-ons for FS9, I am a bit reluctant to move to FSX. Therefore I was very pleasantly surprised to read that we will have the MD-11 and probably the 737V2 for fs9 too. But are there any major improvements regarding functionality that I will miss if I stick with the FS9 versions as compared to the FSX ones? I do have FSX installed so I certainly know what the sim looks like visually.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

My 2 cents as "layman": FSX with DX10 namely Vista, things run slower. How much depends on refinements to current software, hardware and the add-ons to be run in support of the flight. to me all this means slow. My home forum ran a poll 2 days ago regarding what people use, and although quite a few recently bought computers like yours, 5% expect to be flying FSX as their main sim for quite sometime into the future. Most said FS9 for them was a great product, to be kept into the foreseeable future.>This question has to some degree been brougth up before but I>haven't really found a definite answer.>>Since I have a lot of money invested in add-ons for FS9, I am>a bit reluctant to move to FSX. Therefore I was very>pleasantly surprised to read that we will have the MD-11 and>probably the 737V2 for fs9 too. But are there any major>improvements regarding functionality that I will miss if I>stick with the FS9 versions as compared to the FSX ones? I do>have FSX installed so I certainly know what the sim looks like>visually.