Sign in to follow this  
Guest Concordeguy

Fuel Cost Index...

Guest Concordeguy

Hello All,I have been trying to do a flight with 744 but no matter what cost index I put in, I gat a message saying insufficient fuel. Could someone lean a little light on the subject and tell me how to get a CI. I searched the forums and entered the values others entered but still have the same problem. I entered 500 as a value and had the same problem. All help is needed and appreciated.

There's many threads in the forum on the insufficent fuel message. In summary, you can usually ignore it and once the flight is in the cruise segment they will usually go away. Also check that your reserves are realistic, and lastly, all assumptions are that you do have enough fuel.

Dan Downs KCRP

That message depends on how much you put in the 'RESERVES' section on the Perf init page "12-20 FMC User Manual" if fuel goes below that amount you will get a warning. It Reminds you that you will land with less fuel then you specified when you programmed the FMC.Rob

Rob Prest

Rob nailed it. With fuel planners I'll get the 'bing' FMC message quite a bit. This because I have the tailwind for the flight dialed in, and it doesn't pick that up. Now, it could also work conversely. Say you had major headwinds for the flight. Everything could seem find to start, but then you could come back to find that you ran out of fuel before you made it to Point B. Usually this data is actually entered into the FMC in the winds section of each leg. In real life, this data would more than likely be uploaded to the system, and it would be all good to go. Sadly, with one of the PMDG updates, this feature was abolished and for some odd reason just flat out doesn't work anymore. It's a bummer, but heck, we do what we can. The simulation is incredible, and a few little 'hiccups' aren't going to kill anyone. Even the most technologically advanced aircraft have their unique nuances that pilots must compensate for. Just see it as a challenge!As far as your fuel message, just make sure you have the right amount. If you know you have the right amount and you are planning on some tailwinds, you can enter in a lower reserve to start the flight (entered on the perf page). Often times you may even want to bump it up slightly with the PMDG options menu until you see that there is a favorable amount as your 'fuel remaining' for the destination on the PROGress page.Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know about it.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack