Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sam_Hampson

Annoying problem! Help Please!

I'm no hardware expert. The recommended PMDG memory is 512mb, although XP runs better with 1gb... have you tried running your simulation with only FS9 and the PMDG aircraft without any other programs such as AvSky (no other add-ons and no other programs such as instant messaging etc, the latest Norton antivirus can rob you of performance as well)? I'd also recommend defragging the harddrive and making sure that the pagefile is not fragmented. Your goal is to minimize the system load to see if that makes any difference.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Sam_Hampson

Cheers Dan :-) I'm just playing around on it now after updating my drivers to see if anything has changed. So far I've done Larnaca-Beirut and that was ok, now flying the return leg and hopefully it will be ok :DI'll let you know what happensMany thanks for all your help

Guest pclark36

Have you tried turning the text off in FSpassengers? The black bar size looks eerily similar to the text boxes displayed by Active sky and FSPassengers. Possibly get into FSUIPC and edit how it displays Scrolling text? I'm at work right now and can't look directly at the settings or I would be more specific. Possibly find the "scenery refresh" action in the controls menu, assign it to a key, and refresh when it's 'reading' the scenery.Maybe some of this will help, Hope you get it fixed!Patrick ClarkAnchorage, Alaska, USAhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Guest Sam_Hampson

HeyIt still does it without FS pax and activesky so i cant be any of them.Once the black bar appears i have discovered that i can still 'drag' it around, its like a separate display :(Thanks for all your help so far

Are you referring to the black border on the bottom of the pix?It looks like the bottom of the panel display has been raised and another window may be in back of it, if any. In other words, it looks like the main panel window has been vertically squeezed. Can you drag down the bottom of the visible area?What screen resolution is win running at and what do you have set in FS Display Hardware Resolution. FS takes over and just maybe the one you have checked can not be fully accommodated on your monitor. I usually do not fly in windowed mode.Just an idea.

Guest FlyMD11.nl

Hi Sam, From the screenshot I gather that you're running a very early version of the 737. I don't know in which version the Master Caution lights were changed but I believe that was on the first update. Updates are available (the 737-6/700 are at version 1.3 now) Could this be the problem? The update is freely available at the PMDG main site under downloads.Hope it helps!Remco

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hey.Windows is running at 1360 x 768 px and FS is running at 800 x 600 px.About the version i have...Not sure what version this one is, got it off ebay so im not too sure... Will try the update :)THANKS!Edit- While updating the PMDG i got an error, 'The file C:program filesmicrosoft gamesflight simulator 9modulesPMDGOptions.DLL is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded. :-hmmm

Guest andyman

I too am having this problem. I have the 747-400F latest version.I have 2 GB ram, 7600GT and 500W power supply. A PMDG plane doesn't even have to be loaded, It is PMDGOptions.dll that sets my sim off after 45 minutes (nearly exactly)

Guest Sam_Hampson

Thats exactly what happens to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Help please :D

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hey.Had a look around the forums and still can't find a definitive answer to my problem :( Also, i dont have the 747 installed so it cant be that :(Sam

Guest Sam_Hampson

Can anyone help :(

Sam.. I recommend you email PMDG tech support. There may be a forum member who has found a fix but I've noticed that the forum has been relatively quiet lately so readership might be low.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Sam_Hampson

Many thanks :)Will send them an email soon.I have deleted pmdgoptions.DLL now and everything works fine. What excatly does that .dll do?Thanks