Sign in to follow this  
Guest spacky

PMDG 737NG Throttle problems

Guest spacky

Hi everyone,Just got the PMDG 737NG package installed.Got both the 600/700 and the 800/900 series.I am having a throttle problem with at the moment, not quite the same, but does fall into the topic of throttle problems I guess.OK,When every I start up in FS9 with any variant, the throttles go to min and then right up to maximum, with no Autopilot, FD or Auto throttle settings inputs, just goes there straight away??I cannot move the throttles with F1-F4 keys, nor grab them with the mouse, and they dont respond to my throttle input at all!!Here is what is on or what I can see on the EICAS/PFD1. throttle to min then straight to max on both.2. the N1 settings are at approx 96%, and is in TO mode (both in green)3. Nothing except cutting fuel, via master switches, will stop or control the throttles.4. No MCP settings are on when this happens, the just go nuts and on to Max thrust.I use FS9, got the service updates for the 800/900 series, with a thrustmaster Hotas cougar throttle and joystick with current updates to its software. Using fsuipc 3.70Help please, or it seems to be a waste of money, on what promised to be a fantastic sim.CheersSean

Sean: Sounds like a game controller issue because you didn't mention if this happens only to the PMDG aircraft (have you check a default aircraft?), or if you checked the joystick calibration.However, if this is only happening to the PMDG plane and your controller is up to snuff then try disabling the game controller, then see if you have the same symptom, just to check operation of F1-F4 keys without interference.I assure you that it's not a programming error in the 737NG, we just got to figure out what's going on with the new install.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

While you may have a hardware problem as Dan indicates, I also suggest using a default aircraft (Baron works well) and if you can get the throttles down set up cold and dark at a parking spot, set up daytime, clear weather theme, and save this flight as a default. This "default" loads and is effective even while you are creating or loading an existing flight. This insures the gaming engine is initialized correctly.For the hardware issue, check out your throttle calibration in gaming options to insure idle is at 0. If not, if you are using any stick/yoke vendor supplied software, check the settings in that (such as CH Control Manager) and for the throttle you do not have reverse axis set or other assignment issues. If you can not get it to zero in gaming options then you can stop there as FSUIPC is not involved nor will FS work for your throttle control. Also while in gaming options make note of the device and axis you are using.If that part is OK check in FS settings for both slew and regular button and axis assignments and device assignments (using the information from gaming options) including making sure again that there is no reverse axis assignment. Open a flight and if not OK then go into the stick calibration of FSUIPC. Make sure the numbers follow the stick and again no reverse axis is assigned. (Calibration, assignments, and mapping is only available in the fully registered version.) I highly suggest you upgrade FSUIPC to the current version 3.75 (it will not change your access rights) getting it from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html.I am not sure and can not check from where I am right now but I think the TO PFD indication is the result of a sudden full throttle which can trigger that mode. You also might check under the FS menu bar PMDG and see if any hot key or button is assigned to TOGA that might conflict with something else.

Guest spacky

Hi guys,Thanks for the help on what to look for I have re-calibrated my cougar hotas system, and all axis statements and assignments have been triple checked (thought I was going a bit crazy..:-) To this end, and why it has taken a while to replay, I had recently upgraded my computer system, and only had FS9 on for about 6 weeks, so as I don't have too many "add-ons" to it, I elected to delete all FS9 files and add-ons, and do a complete "step by step" install of everything. I installed as follows; 1. FS9 2. FSUIPC 3.753. PMDG 737 -600/7004. PMDG 737-800/9005. Service update for 800/900 series6. extra liveries7. Vista Australias - VOZ Australian scenery and land class upgrades, a stunning mesh and scenery upgrade for us whom fly in Australia (incremental upgrades from 1.1 to 1.5).8. AI airlines pack - for addition to VOZ above (AI traffic for Australia) After doing this I have had no problems at any stage with the re-install, and am now thrilled at the fantastic simulation that 737NG package has provided me, sure to no have hours of enjoyment.My Thrust master cougar throttle and joystick system works without any "tweaking" including perfect detents for min, max power and REV thrust, awesome.:-) Thanks for the prompt replay to my call for help.Kind regards, to all & happy flying.........hmmm may look at getting that 747-400 "queen of the skies! Kind RegardsSean