Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ragstar

737NG planning variables

Guest Ragstar

Hello, thanks in advance. I was unable to locate answers to these so apologise if already posted (but I was unable to locate)Could somebody please advise if the following will have an impact on fuel consumption with the PMDG modelAPU groundAPU air loaded/unloadedEngine anti-ice t/oEngine anti-ice airborneWing anti-ice airborneRe anti-ice. My understanding is that engine anti-ice is only permissible on T/O in snow/slush contaminated runwaysEngine/Wing anti-ice below TAT 10c if visible moisture. Are their circumstances where you would use one form of anti-ice over the other, or are both used together at all times airborne?Thanks in advanceRegardsDean Riches

>Hello, thanks in advance. I was unable to locate answers to>these so apologise if already posted (but I was unable to>locate)>>Could somebody please advise if the following will have an>impact on fuel consumption with the PMDG model>>APU ground>APU air loaded/unloadedAPU fuel burn is not modeled in the current version of the PMDG 737NG. My guess is that will come with the next version.As far as anti ice is concerned it's used anytime icing conditions exist.

Dave Paige

Guest Ragstar

Hi, thanks for that.So I can assume that engine and wing anti-ice are used together when airborne, no conditions exist where they may be used separately.Been using it since FS2002, thought I had better finally ask.....CheersDean Riches

As both the engine and airframe anti-ice prevent accumulation on leading edges, not allowing for buildup, I'd suggest using them simultaneously. I can't really think of anytime one would be used separately, except in slush/standing water, without current air moistures where the lower nacelles are more vulnerable. Even then, airframe anti-ice would not hurt as a hot leading edge would not allow for even rime ice. In that case I'd recommend flap extension at the last possible moment, to elimate frozen tracks.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest monsoon

Engine anti ice is to be used in visible moisture when OAT (when on ground) is 10 degrees or colder or TAT (when airborne) and temp is 10 or colder. use the engine and wing anti ice on the ground if there is slush, snow, etc. there are times when you use engine anti ice in the air and NOT use wing anti ice. Wing anti ice on the NG is more effective when used as a DEICER rather than an anti icer. this helps create a cleaner wing. so it goes to say that there are many times when the engine anti ice is on and the wing anti ice is off

Guest Ragstar

Thanks for the feedback gents, helped me sort a few questions outCheersDean