Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

New Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System w PMDG 747

Is anyone using this yet? I am curious if so whether one can program some of the specific PMDG 747 switches like autopilot disconnect, MCP press AT, etc. Although I could get those functions to work in FS 9 with native aircraft,using the CH Pro Yoke, I could never activate the switches to work with PMDG 747 with my CH Pro Yoke.Thanks,Greg

Greg Clark

Why not read the review?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest AJ

I believe that September 15 is the releasedate. I am anxiously awaiting feedback on this too. It looks like a very good solution. It looks great, and if you consider the cost of the base package (yoke plus throttle quad) + the cost of one additional quad (for a proper 744 setup) it comes out to only about $200. That sounds very reasonable to me. I really hope that this setup is going to be as good as it sounds. I never really liked the mushy feel of the CH yoke. I also hope that the throttles will have a good feel to them as well. It would be nice if they would include appropriate handles for spoilers and flaps as well, though it does not look like they will do that. Andrew

Guest AJ

>Why not read the review?What review? If you know of one, please post a link.Andrew

>I really hope that this setup is going to be as good as it>sounds. I never really liked the mushy feel of the CH yoke. >I also hope that the throttles will have a good feel to them>as well. It would be nice if they would include appropriate>handles for spoilers and flaps as well, though it does not>look like they will do that. I looked at the product description. You can switch out the levers for flaps and spoilers. I just wish they had reverser levers and some way to have TO/GA switches on the throttles. Still yet, it looks great! I can't wait to get my hands on it!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest AJ

>>I really hope that this setup is going to be as good as it>>sounds. I never really liked the mushy feel of the CH yoke.>>>I also hope that the throttles will have a good feel to them>>as well. It would be nice if they would include appropriate>>handles for spoilers and flaps as well, though it does not>>look like they will do that. >>I looked at the product description. You can switch out the>levers for flaps and spoilers. I just wish they had reverser>levers and some way to have TO/GA switches on the throttles. >Still yet, it looks great! I can't wait to get my hands on>it!>>Ryan Gamurot>Lucky to live Hawai'i>>http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.pngAgreed, although such features would make the unit substantially more complex and expensive to manufacture (especially reverser levers; also consider that reversers cannot be assigned to an axis in MSFS). Afterall, the price is one of the better points of this product.

Guest SVA121

>Is anyone using this yet? I am curious if so whether one can>program some of the specific PMDG 747 switches like autopilot>disconnect, MCP press AT, etc. Although I could get those>functions to work in FS 9 with native aircraft,using the CH>Pro Yoke, I could never activate the switches to work with>PMDG 747 with my CH Pro Yoke.>>Thanks,>>GregIf you register ( I think 10$) FSUIPC you can assgin any button on CH for Autopilot disconnect etc. via Keyassginments of PMDG and FSUIPC. Don't know if PMDG keyassginment have Throttle Disconnect though (didn't find it).Regards,Mohammed

>Agreed, although such features would make the unit>substantially more complex and expensive to manufacture>(especially reverser levers; also consider that reversers>cannot be assigned to an axis in MSFS). Afterall, the price>is one of the better points of this product.I didn't know you couldn't assign reverse in FS. I thought I saw a quadrant with that capability. Oh well. You're right, it still looks great and is perfectly priced.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

>If you register ( I think 10$) FSUIPC you can assgin any>button on CH for Autopilot disconnect etc. via Keyassginments>of PMDG and FSUIPC. Don't know if PMDG keyassginment have>Throttle Disconnect though (didn't find it).If there was any software that came with your controller, you could use that to assign a key on your control. And PMDG does have both an A/P and A/T disconnect there somewhere.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest sunbear

This is good news knowing that Saitek took the hint and got moving with a Yoke & Throttle Quad. I can't wait to try it. I've been waiting for a few years now for somebody to develop a halfway decent system and I hope that Saitek pulls it off.Regards,jack

>I just wish they had reverser levers and some way to have TO/GA switches on the throttlesWith some immagination you can assign one of those buttons on the bottom of the throttle to the TO/GA-switch.About Thrust reverse, see this topic with a nice *.pdf document "how to" : http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=127559I have did it already, but i have decided to assign a push button to the reversers (F2) because there was to little space between the "idle" and the "reverse". A little bit to far and you are in rerverse i stead of idle.I don't know if there is a detent at the bottom of the levers, maybe then it should work!About the throttle disconnect switch in PMDG : search for item 56 : "MCP abort TO / Discon AT" in PMDG/Keyboard assignment.I also look out for this piece of hardware !

Guest AJ

After looking at the reviews, I am becoming more and more positively inclined. I think its a great start for building a budget flightdeck. I wonder how long it will be before we see some great user/3rd party mods, especially for the throttle quad. Such mods might include higher quality handles, and perhaps some sort of stand allowing a double quad to be mounted at a more realistic angle (closer to horizontal instead of vertical) for the 744. Personally, I already have visions of spray painting the whole set Boeing beige and stenciling in the proper markings. Now if some inventive person could just come up with a simple way to build in detents for the flap handle...Looks like this baby should be out just in time for the 744XAndrew