Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

New Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System w PMDG 747

>I looked at the product description. You can switch out the>levers for flaps and spoilers. I just wish they had reverser>levers and some way to have TO/GA switches on the throttles. >Still yet, it looks great! I can't wait to get my hands on>it!If you have a good look at the the throttles and read the documentation you will see that they have a detent in the zero mark and pulling further down will result in a button push. This button can be mapped to the reverse thrust.John Veldthuis

>If you have a good look at the the throttles and read the>documentation you will see that they have a detent in the zero>mark and pulling further down will result in a button push.>This button can be mapped to the reverse thrust.Yes, but that would probably result in full reverse. If there were reverse levers, I could also set idle and intermediate reverse.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

For what its worth- I use the entire CH system- yoke, TQ and rudder pedals. I do not use the CH software, in fact in FS9 I disable joysticks, and use FSUIPC to control the entire process.The TQ does have an idle detent,b and following the guide (sticky) on the FSUIPC site I was able to program idle and then into the lowest detent for reverse. The TQ seems to be difficult to set up, but with a bit of work, it functions remarkably well.Also, with a combination of FS9 and PMDG keystroke assignments, and FSUIPC button mapping, I have buttons for all needed actions- such as view shifts, top down, parking brake, TOGA, AT, AP etc.For me, this has been the most realistic option- a custom flight deck is just not possible for me right now.I admit the "feel" is not perfect- but for years now it has been the only "cost effective" option. Of course, its always nice to have a choice, and now with the Saitek we will have just that.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I have the new Saitek Yoke and throttle and I think it is excellent, a real improvement on the CH Yoke which I had previously. I have configured it using FSUIPC and it works with PMDG 747 perfectly. Some buttons won't configure with the 737 for some reason but I am working on it.Renzo

Bill Miller

Guest AJ

Good to hear that you have it. Please tell us moreabout how it compares with the CH yoke. How doe sthe tension on the yoke feel? Is it tighter than the CH yoke? Is there a center detent? How about the quads? How do they feel? Did you get an extra quad for the 744, or are you just using the single one? Any other impressions you could share would be apreciated by all here.Thanks,Andrew

The yoke is of a much more solid contruction than the CH Yoke and has a much smoother action. My CH yoke rarely returned excactly to it's central postion and made irritating spring noises when pulled or pushed. No such issues with the Saitek which has a metal shaft. Also, the because the top of the yoke is flat, I am able to put my keyboard on it. The button placements are ok but not not ideal. Three are three rocker switches on the yoke and two buttons. I would have preferred a couple more buttons but everyone has a different preference. I would also have preferred my hat switch to be on the right.The throttle has an idle detent which I have configured to engage reverse thrust and that works fine.Overall, I think this product blows the CH Yoke out of the water but then I never did like the plastic cheap feel of the CH Yoke. Sorry if my terminology is inaccurate but I am not a very techy person.I bought it for

Bill Miller

Guest AJ

Good to hear Renzo. I am still eagerly waiting to hear from somone who purchased an additional quad, allowing for a total of six leavers. I am curious as to how well this works fo a 744 setup (4 engine levers + 1 lever for spoilers and 1 for flaps).Andrew

Guest SVA121

>Good to hear Renzo. I am still eagerly waiting to hear from>somone who purchased an additional quad, allowing for a total>of six leavers. I am curious as to how well this works fo a>744 setup (4 engine levers + 1 lever for spoilers and 1 for>flaps).>>Andrew Mine is arriving next week, will update u as soon as i set it up.Regards,Mohammed

Guest rblaha

Received mine yesterday and although I've only used it for a few hours, I'm not initially impressed. I've tested it with FSX.It was pretty easy to set up but, I don't see what you'd call a traditional calibration routine. Nothing like CH Control Manager where you'd move, click, center, click, yadda, yadda, yadda and apply.The yoke has a sturdier feel and is somewhat smoother than my CH. It definitely has detents which make it center every time but in my opinion, they are a bit too much. What I mean is it's hard to go past the detent without it kind of catching. Maybe that's a breaking in thing.The yoke seems to move the control surfaces in a progressive manner. The farther you move the yoke from center, the quicker they move. Maybe this has to do with a calibration I've missed or a getting used to thing. I use a registered copy of FSUIPC and have messed with calibration and slope settings but haven't hit on an acceptable setting. Maybe it's there, maybe it isn't. It feels twitchy to me.If this makes sense, the levers on the throttle aren't quite synchronized. They don't all produce the same input when physically aligned. For example, if at full throttle, you might need to move the lever to 85% before it actually has an effect on the throttle. The lever next to it has effect almost immediately. I have a CHTQ as well and I'd have to say it feels better to me. I like the physical shape of the Saitek better but, not mechanically.And, the LCD of the clock is missing a few segments of the second digit. Minor but..........I'll give it a couple more days and read every forum I can to find information but more than likely, this is going back. I'm disappointed as I was finally hoping for a reasonably priced alternative to the CH I've been swearing at for a couple years but I don't think this is it. It may be time to throw the cash at a CirrusPFC yoke.If you have one and love it, please don't blast me. This is just my opinion.Randy

After using it for a few days, I now have mixed feelings. I don't regret dumping the CH Yoke but there are, I admit, calibration issues with the Saitek, even with FSUIPC, and the PMDG keyboard assignments seem to create some problems, especially if they involve an ALT command I find.Randy, I found you can equalise the resposiveness of the TQ levers by addressing the sensitiveness settings in FS9 joystick calibration. Until I did this, one lever didn't even work. I do prefer the rocker switches on the CH yoke though. The saitek ones are a bit flimsy.All in all, I think it is worth the money(lets face it, there are not many affordable yokes on the market and non are great) but of course if you can afford a Cirrus PFC yoke, then you will enjoy another level of quality altogether.cheersRenzo

Bill Miller

...also, your yoke shouldn't be 'catching' and your clock should work. I don't have these problems so maybe you should consider a return.Renzo

Bill Miller

Guest rblaha

As an experiment, I disconnected the yoke and uninstalled the drivers. Plugged the yoke back in, fired up FSX and the clock is back to normal. The "twitchyness" I described above has settled down and adjustments in FSUIPC seem to have more of an effect.Driver problem?Randy

>I believe that September 15 is the releasedate. I am>anxiously awaiting feedback on this too. It looks like a veryYou are lucky then. Release date here in New Zealand is not until December now. Really hanging out because I really hate my CH Products one. One of the buttons has stopped working properly and jams if you hit it. and it constantly needs calibrating to keep it centred