Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leachus2002

Problem with Braking in 737ng

Guest Leachus2002

Hi,I am currently flying the PMDG 737-700ng at the moment and I totally love it. Except there is one little thing annoying me at the moment, and that is whenever the engine speed decreases (for example, in descent) the FS9 brakes warning flashes up in the bottom left hand side of the screen (I have attached a screenie)This means that whenever I touchdown at an airport, the brakes take over until I come to a stop - like an emergency landing.The process that I use the autobrake is:Departure - Set to RTOTake Off, Set back to off, retract gear.Is there something I am doing wrong?ThanksMatt

Matt,try landing with all your input devices disabled, that way you can see if your joystick or pedals are causing the problem. I don't remember the key command for that but you should be able to find it in the keyboard settings of MSFS.BTW: No need to turn off autobrake BEFORE gear retraction, afterwards is just fine.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Leachus2002

Cheers Markus,I will give that a go :)Thanksps - do I need to keep the joystick disables for the whole flight or just for landing?

>ps - do I need to keep the joystick disables for the whole>flight or just for landing?if you experience the problem only when landing you would not need to deactivate it for the whole flight. Since you'll be doing an autoland anyway you could disable it as soon as your AP is on.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Leachus2002

Hi,I am having the problem as soon as the throttles decrease, its like it is acting as RTO would if I decreased the throttles on the take off role, except it is doing this when I am in the air, and carrying the "fault" on until I touchdown, when it then sticks the breaks on fully until I come to a complete halt, then they release.ThanksMatt

Matt: I agree with Markus, it looks like your game controller is commanding the braking so the recommendation is to disable it to see if that changes the symptoms. The FS9 menu has a disable joystick selection. Use that or the keyboard shortcut (whatever that is).

Dan Downs KCRP