Sign in to follow this  
Vauban

(FMC) EDNY ERR: FHA MISSING

Hi Folks,I'm seeing the FMC error EDNY ERR: FHA MISSING.EDNY is my destination.Also, the ARRIVALS page for EDNY shows no APPROACHESand no RUNWAYS.I have the latest SIDSTAR cycle. Its EDNY.TXT fileappears to be complete - it certainly contains runwaysand approaches, and the FHA fix is used.I also have the latest AIRAC data. Its wpNavAID.txt filecontains FHA.So from where is FHA missing?Thanks for your help,Geoff

Geoffrey Kent

Look back at EDNY.txt and verify that FHA is defined, which will be in the FIXES section and look like "FIX FHA LATLON ....." If the procedures refer to FHA as a FIX then it needs to be defined in the procedures FIXES section.The EDNY.txt file should also have runways listed in the RNW section and will look like:"RNWSRNW 04RNW 22ENDRNWS"If both of the above look okay, then verify that EDNY is in the wpNavAPT.txt file. This file lists runways for each airport and there should be two lines for each runway (i.e, one for each direction).If you still have a problem, please add where your SIDSTAR file came from (e.g., Navigraph?).Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,The SID/STAR came from Navigraph's 0709 cycle - it was part of their AIO file. And no, it doesn't contain a definition of an FHA fix.In EDNY.TXT, the FHA fix is called FHANB, and there is a definition for the FHANB fix. But somewhere near the bottom of the file, in the definition of the FHA transition for the runway 06 approach, the fix is incorrectly called FHA rather than FHANB. I corrected it and the FMC error went away, and I now see the runways and the approaches on the ARRIVALS page.Earlier, as a temporary solution, I downloaded Navigraph's single EDNY.TXT file for PMDG. It is dated 2006-05-30 and is quite different from the file of the same name that comes in their AIO from the 0709 cycle. And it works. Strange - till now I've believed the single files and the AIO files came from the same source. Thanks for the pointer.Geoff

Geoffrey Kent

Great, you found it. I've made similar mistakes many times writing procedures but I almost always make sure I can load them without error.You found that as soon as the FMS program finds an error in the procedure text it stops processing the file. This is why there were no runways and approaches.

Dan Downs KCRP